Found a problem with an insert this time of year.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtb1

Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Mississippi
Well one thing has caused a kink in my having an insert. We were enjoying a nice fire this past weekend when the kids (8 and 5) looked at me and asked how Santa was going to get down the chimney and out the fireplace with the insert there. Told them we leave the back door unlocked but kinda knocks down the magic of Santa a little bit :)

First he removes the baffle material and then the secondary burn tubes. It can be quite messy.

Dear me, your poor kids. It was obvious to my sons that a fat santa wasn't going to fit down our chimney, even before the liner and insert. I told them of course not, no more than he can jet around the planet at such great speeds. Santa has special physics devised by his clever elves and uses a personal quantum teleportation device to beam down into the living room. Made perfect sense at the time when Star Trek TNG was the rage on TV.

You already said how to fix it - Santa is magic. That is how I am allowed to burn in every fie burning unit on Christmas eve...

Status
Not open for further replies.