Found some Fisher's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baffled

Dec 15, 2013
United States
Ran across 10-15 of old stoves recently and know at least 3 was Fisher's..Believe one was also a Florence hot Blast..Cannot tell you what kind of fisher's and for some reason i forget to take picture's..Anyways the owner is an older man and his health is not the best..Would hate to see these stove's go for scrap iron..They looked in excellent condition..Anyways can someone tell me the going price of all used Fisher's..Would consider buying these if the price is right..

"All Fisher's" can't be grouped together and priced easily. Far too many models and options. Tons of factors starting with the state you are in to determine legality of sale and use. They are worthless in many places as a user, but highly collectable to the right person for certain models. Prices are seasonal, models range from common to extremely rare. Unlisted before testing, to tested and mobile home certified. Accessories like a hard to find antique screen, bear legs or feet can sell for as much as a stove. You need to know what you're selling, and the buyer needs to know what they are buying and agree on a price. This forum is THE place to do just that for buyer and seller alike. I wouldn't ask more than $100 for a black Insert, or take less than $1000 for an XL. The rest fall in between. Let us know what you've got. There's no blue book value, so it's a matter of opinion. Completed auctions on eBay give a good indication, but you need to watch and log prices for years to find a certain model average selling price, and take into account the seasonal spikes. Many times it's all about location and willingness to ship or pick up miles or days away. Condition is one of the least concerns since cheap brick and paint reconditions most stoves to like new condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.