FP30 Fireplace Venting Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pocono53

Sep 23, 2014
Northeast PA
I finally pulled the trigger and bought an FP30 and it sitting in the middle of my great room. I am debating whether or not to install the venting myself or have someone do it for me. I have a lot of concerns about ordering the right parts/pieces and whether or not I can easily return them. Based on my measurements it looks like I'll need about 6 inches in offset for the pipe. Obviously its 6 inch Class A pipe..

This website has been extremely helpful to me so I wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I am thinking of going with the Supervent from Lowes since I can get all the pieces and easily return them. I've seen pros and cons about this pipe. The pipe will be enclosed inside a wooden chase except for the final 3 feet. Is this stuff what you all would recommend?

Is there another pipe you would recommend and company I can get it from that has decent prices and will walk me thru the order and answer questions?

I'm up for anything except ICC pipe since I need a special adapter.

The only thing that scares me in the adapter plate install and if I use chimeny cement where it attaches to fireplace. Everything else is twist and lock. The place I bought it from said it should come with a gasket but the Lowes stuff doesn't look like it has a gasket on the adapter.

Any help anyone can give me, any links or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don;t know if I should attached the pipe and work my way up framing the firestops as I go or drop a plumb from the top of the chase. Really don't know where to begin. I've very handy and have all the tools just need advice on where to begin

If anyone is in the Poconos and would like to do the install send me a message. I'll pay ya and help you.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought an FP30 and it sitting in the middle of my great room. I am debating whether or not to install the venting myself or have someone do it for me. I have a lot of concerns about ordering the right parts/pieces and whether or not I can easily return them. Based on my measurements it looks like I'll need about 6 inches in offset for the pipe. Obviously its 6 inch Class A pipe..

This website has been extremely helpful to me so I wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I am thinking of going with the Supervent from Lowes since I can get all the pieces and easily return them. I've seen pros and cons about this pipe. The pipe will be enclosed inside a wooden chase except for the final 3 feet. Is this stuff what you all would recommend?

Is there another pipe you would recommend and company I can get it from that has decent prices and will walk me thru the order and answer questions?

I'm up for anything except ICC pipe since I need a special adapter.

The only thing that scares me in the adapter plate install and if I use chimeny cement where it attaches to fireplace. Everything else is twist and lock. The place I bought it from said it should come with a gasket but the Lowes stuff doesn't look like it has a gasket on the adapter.

Any help anyone can give me, any links or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don;t know if I should attached the pipe and work my way up framing the firestops as I go or drop a plumb from the top of the chase. Really don't know where to begin. I've very handy and have all the tools just need advice on where to begin

If anyone is in the Poconos and would like to do the install send me a message. I'll pay ya and help you.

I'd go with the ICC Excel pipe. It should be easy enough to install.

Here's an excerpt from the FP30 manual regarding using fireplace cement.

"Install the pipe manufacturer's, Fireplace anchor plate by inserting it into the flue collar. Secure with stainless steel screws. We recommend sealing the joint with fireplace cement. (If using ICC chimney pipe and anchor plate, you will need to install an Anchor Plate spacer. Part #FP30.7757)"

Hope this helps

DuraTech pipe should work fine here too.

I have some guys coming out to look at doing the install. One person already wanted to charge me 2150 to do the install. Thats a labor only price and he said it would take one day. LOL. Thats crazy I'm probably gonna do this myself based on that quote.
I just have to figure out which dimmer switch to install.

X3 Duratech
If you cal them, they will help you determine the parts needed.