FP30 replacement blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Drewman

Aug 10, 2015
Ohio
I have a Pacific Energy FP 30. It has vibration. Seems to be one of the motors. I have tried tightening, siliconing, and I think I am going to replace it. Anyone have recommendation on where to get them? I found one on fireplaceblowersonline.com for $159.

It might be a balance issue if dust has accumulated on the fan blades.

It might be a balance issue if dust has accumulated on the fan blades.
Thanks for the idea! I have not tried that. I

failed to say that every time I have tried something when I put everything back together and turn the fan on it is quiet. The noise/vibration only starts after the unit gets up to operating temp for a few hours.

Cleaning the blades is important to keep the fan running as smoothly as possible.
I failed to say that every time I have tried something when I put everything back together and turn the fan on it is quiet. The noise/vibration only starts after the unit gets up to operating temp for a few hours.
I have had this happen with our freestanding stove every once in a while too. A resonant frequency builds up and some panel will start to vibrate. Nothing obvious has shown up and I have been too lazy to trace it down by removing panels. Changing the blower speed cures the issue so I just do that.

Upon inspection of the offending blower it was not dust accumulation. I can feel that the motor has something going on with it when I put pressure on it and spin it. I assume that is the bearings but I am no expert. When I replicate the movement with the new motor it is smooth.

I purchased a replacement from www.fireplaceblowersonline.com. It shipped and arrived quickly. The motor was simple enough to connect to my unit. For some reason the new motor came with a connector at the end of the wires and my unit had something I needed to insert a bare wire into and screw it down. So I just had to cut the connect/strip the wires.

The replacement features aluminum blades vs the factory plastic. So far it has been running smoothly over 12 hours now without issue!!

Reactions: begreen