FPX 36 Elite Blower Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric-holmes

Mar 29, 2014
Arkansas
My blower does not have an on/off switch. It's simply a low/high dial. Sometimes, it gets warm enough in our living room that I don't want any blower. Is it necessary that it blows, even on low, at all times? Or could I wire an on/off switch to the fan?

New member here, just bought this fireplace, you maybe thinking of the summer switch, can be used to turn the fan on in summer for air flow. I don't know if you can use it to turn off the fan when the unit is running, it may not be safe that way of running it

No, sorry, I'm not talking about the summer switch. I'm talking about a seperate switch all together to turn the blower off while I have a fire.

My only wonder is if the constant running blower, when the stove has reached temp, is a way to keep the stove from over heating.

Wired mine against a light switch, so I just turn off/on if needed. But, nonetheless if heat is an issue, open a door or window. It's easier to cool off than warm up a space.

Status
Not open for further replies.