FPX 36 Elite install project is finally complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liv2hnt

Jan 6, 2010
NE OK
After paying thru the teeth for propane at the new house this last winter, we made the decision to replace the worthless gas log insert with a wood burner. After tons of research and hours of lurking behind the scenes here, we decided on the Fireplace Xtrodinair 36 Elite. Local dealer installed the zero clearance FPX 36. I have a good friend that helped me with the rock work and the mantle was made locally and the wife painted. it. Here are a few before and after shots. Bring on the winter, I will not be wasting $$ on propane this winter. I have ~4 cords of mixed hardwood that have been split and stacked for close to a year. The majority of the wood was from dead oaks that I cut around the new house.

Attachments

• Photo-0045.jpg
    Photo-0045.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 597
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 536
Demo shots and install.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 592
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 559
A weekend of laying the cultured stone.

Attachments

• Fireplace 002.jpg
    Fireplace 002.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 500
  • Fireplace 003.jpg
    Fireplace 003.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 478
  • Photo-0042.jpg
    Photo-0042.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 496
I know a few people that have the FPX, and they absolutely love it. Nice stone work!

Looks great - I love my FPX 44

fireplace looks great! I can not wait to use ours this winter. We did a test burn in ours and I was shocked at how much heat it put out with only 3 small pieces of wood in it.

Very, very nice. Rick

madison said:
Very cool, and thanks for sharing the pics.

I could not tell by the pics, but the "stones" directly above the arched top of the stove, are they supported by a ledge, or just cemented directly to the backer board?

Thanks.

The stones in the arch are cemented with mortar directly to the backer material.

Status
Not open for further replies.