Fpx owners please help a new elite 44 owner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquafireholic

Dec 22, 2015
Spokane WA
Hi, and thanks for taking your time to read this, I recently purchased an elite 44 been using for little over a month and very happy with unit, one thing is bothering me though. When the fireplace is cold not burning there is maybe a 1/16 gap on top between the doors, when I fire her up the gap start getting bigger on the top only and about 30-40 minuets in when fan is on and I am engaging the CAT the gap gets to 1/4 - 5/16 and the entire time the fireplace is hot and CAT glowing the gaps stays that big, once fire turns to embers and starts cooling off the gap gets smaller and back to 1/16 when loading again. Weird that its only at the top of the doors, my concern is that it might be just me but it seems to be getting worse and I am assuming the door gasket/seal is getting much more wear and tear then it should be with the doors moving and biggest concern is that can at some point the tiny pins that the doors hangs on just break off from too much of a movement? are my doors not adjusted right or is this normal and I should just relax and sleep without worries? or do I need to contact travis industries regarding this? has anyone with the FPX double door notice or have the same thing happen?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.