Free grape vines

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownianHeatingTech

Minister of Fire
I have 8 ready-to-plant grape vine cuttings. Variety is Cayuga White.

Got a bunch of whole vines to take cuttings from. Yield of usable cuttings is pretty low, but the Cayuga vines I got produced more than I expected.

So, if anyone in the area wants to grow some wine grapes (I'm not aware of Cayuga being used for anything other than wine), drop me an email.

Grapes grow most reliably in the “seacoast” region of NH. Northwood is about as far north-west as they will grow reliably. Of course, “reliably” means for commercial production - if you don't mind losing a crop one year in five, I suppose you can grow them a good bit further from the “ideal” climate.

Grapes are actually a desert plant, so full sun and good drainage are a must. Planting season is now or in the very near future. The cuttings will be happy in a dark place until then (grapes vines were transported to America wrapped in burlap in the holds of sailing ships, back in the day).

The cuttings are from a local winery (Flag Hill), so these are definitely quality grapes.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.