free standing stove with a fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valentine92

Mar 31, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
We have a fireplace in our livingroom that is tooo small for an insert. We have the room to place a free standing pellet stove in the same room off in a corner.

This is ok with us since we can use the fireplace in case of a power outage, but looking ahead will it hurt us when ws go to sell the house (which isnt anytime soon)?

Does anyone here have a fireplace and a stove in the same room?

We were thinking about putting the free standing stove in front of the fireplace and vent it out the chimney but that would take up space that is needed for the walkway since the fireplace is on an inside wall.

Hi,

We will be getting our Harman P68 installed on Tuesday and we have a fireplace in the same room too. I don't know how that will affect resale (we aren't selling anytime soon either), but for us we wanted the highest BTU stove and the P68 just seemed like a better option for us. We too will use the fireplace on occasion or during a power outage, though I do hope to have our pellet stove hooked up to a back up system before that ever happens.

Cheri

We are installing our QF Castile free-standing in the same room as the fireplace as well. I don't have second thoughts about it at all. I have a couple of small generators, one is 1100 watts and the other is 1800 watts, and either one of them is more than enough to run my pellet stove if we lose power. On startup, our Castile only uses 4.1 amps and only 1.1 amps running.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.