Fresh Air Intake (Drolet Escape 1500) Causing perspiration on outside of pedestal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tmclil

Oct 16, 2020
Canada
Hello there

I installed a fresh air intake using the proper insulated kit/pipe.

Now the cold air coming in the back of the pedestal is causing massive perspiration on the outside of the pedestal.

Please advise.

Thank you kindly

I'm surprised the moisture level in your house is high enough to cause that much condensation. I'd look first into sources of excess moisture (unvented gas appliances, unvented bathrooms, improperly vented stovetop, etc.).

You could insulate the inner surface of the pedestal with Roxul or some other mineral-based, high temp, insulation board.

Or perhaps when winter arrives and the stove is used more, the pedestal will warm up and condensation won't form.

Reactions: SpaceBus
This was just posted a short while ago.