Frozen beer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
I accidentally left a case of beer outside last night. It was 12° this morning. So the whole thing is now frozen solid. It's in cans, so at least they didn't break.

I've left cans in the freezer too long before, they typically are fine, still carbonated and good when they thaw, but never a whole case in the deep freeze.

Fortunately I still have most of another case in the fridge.

Tough when you reach for that 6:14 AM beer and its froze ;lol.

Reactions: FTG-05
Tough when you reach for that 6:14 AM beer and its froze ;lol.
That's what I'm talking about, jatoxico! Thanks for the reply, gave me a good laugh. Like I said originally, good thing I had the other case in the fridge...

Used to occasionally have a beer while ice fishing, if it was cold enough, the can would be liquid until opened up and then when opened, it would spray out and freeze instantly.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
We would go deep in the back country white water canoeing......pre freezing beer would reward you with a cold beer 3 days in often. Old Milwaukee was the best beer for it, could really freeze them solid with no bursting of the can.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I've never seen anybody say Old Milwaukee is the best before.....

We occasionally have ice fishing while beering. Our wives seem too smart to follow us out there.