Gale Force gasification video up and running.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Located outside--looks like it is not insulated either--get her in an outbuilding and see what she can really do!!!! Looks good!!

I like it a lot. It reminds me of a rocket ship - it's got a lot of blast. I'd like to see your temperature data when you get it Wade. Nice job! Congratulations!

Nice boiler! I like the concept of burning sawdust since you know doubt have a steady supply. I usually give mine to friends with animals or it goes in the compost pile, haven't tried burning it in the eko yet. Sounds like you have it set up pretty well if you are only firing once a day to meet demand. Next step a patent and production line (new outdoor woodboiler gasser that can burn splits and sawdust).

I.ve been lurking here for a while now gathering what i can so I can do what you've done. Very impressive, I particularly like that you are using sawdust. Looks like your secondary burn chamber is unlined? How long have you been operating this boiler?

Secondary chamber is lined with 2 1/2 " 2600 degree firebrick. The 3 feet of tube that connects the stove to the cleaver books boiler is also lined with 3" of refractory. The stove has been running now since oct with little problems,finding the optimum settings was the challenge.

Great Job Wade Looks like your making good progress.

Once I get the pyrometer mounted in the secondary chamber I will start taking accurate measurements of the chamber and the exhaust.So far the exhaust is always the same temp as the water until it reaches 180 or so then less heat is taken off for some reason.
Im going to try and put the sawdust auger on a thermostat and have it automatic. Only thing i worry about is will the sawdust still want to burn up to the top of the chamber when the fan is off and all air inlets are closed?

Wade,
Did you ever hear the story of a man who invented a carburetor that would get 100 miles to the gallon. Story goes that the big oil companies bought him out. Paid him millions for his invention to keep it secret.
If Mr. Tarm knocks on your door, let him in!
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.