Gaps where pipe meets stove collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jesepi

Nov 19, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
Hello all,
Where my Imperial single wall stove pipe slides into the collar on top my stove
there are a couple gaps where the pipe doesnt fit tightly. Its due to the fact that I had to put the pipe together and it got a bit misshapened.
Will that be ok or will it be a problem as far as smoke or flame leaking out the gaps ?

Hello all,
Where my Imperial single wall stove pipe slides into the collar on top my stove
there are a couple gaps where the pipe doesnt fit tightly. Its due to the fact that I had to put the pipe together and it got a bit misshapened.
Will that be ok or will it be a problem as far as smoke or flame leaking out the gaps ?
Not a problem with flames or smoke leaking but may be an issue with air leaking in

How would air leaking in affect the draft? Would it decrease the air flow, or vacuum, heading up the pipe?