1. vinny11950

vinny11950
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    That makes sense.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dobish

Dobish
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Golden CO
    once we take down the tarps and it dries out a bit (hopefully this afternoon) I will be able to get in there and get some pictures of it all set up. I have a meeting with the contractor on monday to disucss the concrete for the driveway, so we will see what he didn't quote there that he wants me to pay for!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dobish

Dobish
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Golden CO
    yesterday was an ok day for solar production :)
    upload_2019-5-13_11-7-46.png

Living room space
    7tiklBPr5xT-1KPCcfKGEsCTGfO9GOjvdiE-m35zELmza_RVG9xqxzBqY64ShlFN3nD2BxQs_TWnn1I5_kO=w750-h562-no.jpg

from the other view:
    tchKYvF7tyq4lDGsN1Wlq294QqY3QRQ-n5y9EP6c0NMlPMCvqzWzdHzpdagARYV-GqXZ7s8QY-aA1JfOrdI=w422-h562-no.jpg

Kitchen:
    MqDs76QcprMNmFu1d1PhK25RvthEZhPtFXt56FIREbcBO-H_CHx2Wjw_OTq5Vd8hrUlSQEfRLTmuNsx__9O=w750-h562-no.jpg

Bathroom with the curtain closed:
    gpWs9y1pV0U_Mujzjj_BgNdPw3thhNFPJWF0-nDOcucU88GeVOhxePT76lJ4o06JJld08nyYehA6Jb6RxH0=w422-h562-no.jpg

Laundry Room
    6QX9sBg1hrEMTxf3-hXOdPmXURG-9jTW0Hu0_-15M0_xiYgM_XaWlltQTbumKDiTLnmc_MfdfGADCmEiKQG=w422-h562-no.jpg

vinny11950 likes this.
  4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, we're seeing nice bell-curve output too, though our system peaks at around 4.5kw.

5. Dobish

Dobish
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Golden CO
    just met with the contractors. As I expected, they are trying to get me to cover their mistake of not quoting the sidewalk.

I think we are just about wrapped up though, once we actually pour.

6. Dobish

Dobish
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Golden CO
    We had a productive weekend. I made use of this guy and did some grading, and cleared out my front yard of rocks.
    Gf1NxhbRwb-4U4Uekn3p8RcprXayASeC1rH6mOGY3uD_rmG_zaEPOMBjmYUsaNf0luQbxyBJAx8YLbF9jqg=w416-h554-no.jpg
    Then we built this (this was while it was in progress. I still have a few of the extra rocks to move out of the way):
    kBhsqUxbhImnbtg-qZTOTHZW8s2gTKYz9hMBM8Yo_nWwKK-M5oWXrGOu8L7odS8KCwNfBM88g2P3YeEQ_gg=w739-h554-no.jpg

The funny thing is, all of these rocks came from the stone wall I built 3 years ago to the day!
    Wdnyke-lx9vPu323M1yCSuNx7GEBZI2SSQEHU9-ea_LyyCVh4bcaVldrqHLa0sPYhr_7zg69exbyQT5A-VN=w900-h506-no.jpg

thewoodlands likes this.
  7. Dobish

Dobish
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2015
    Loc:
    Golden CO
    well, we got our final permit closed out, but we still don't have the driveway or the sidewalk! Hopefully sidewalk tomorrow, if it dries out, then driveway next week. There is some minor grading that needs to happen, but right now the entire yard is a giant mud pit. I lost a shoe trying to get to the front door last night! At least it is raining so I can see where the water is heading! I had it looking pretty good, but then left some pretty big bear prints while clomping around!

I have been working on getting the baseboard up in the garage itself, so that is all prepped. I need to pick up some silicon and then screw it in. I ended up using the extra deck boards, since they are waterproof, but not enough to do much of anything else with. I am going to lay a big bead of silicon down, then press in the boards, then lay another bead of silicon over that. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how that turned out. There are a few spots where there are access panels that look a little clunky, but it is a garage and I'm not all that worried about it. As long as I can keep the water from getting into the drywall I will be fine. Once that is done, I will be able to move my cabinets into place. I can't wait to start setting up the shop space! It is so frustrating having the cabinets all wrapped up on a pallet in the middle of the floor!

I also need to cut a few trim pieces for the attic access, so I can keep a bit more of the heat in there. I also need to put some supports up in the attic as well, so I can utilize it for storage. There is 14" of insulation up there, and very little head room. I probably will only do 1 side for now, since I don't really have a ton of stuff to put up there.

It was really nice to be in the garage with it at 55º when it was 28º outside. I found that the cove heaters take a while to heat things up, so I will have to remember that for when I need to get the heat cranked in there. The unit stays nice and comfortable, but I had the heat set at 45º in the garage. I will see what happens with the attic hole closed up.

I got the dishwasher installed last night and tested, no leaks so I think i'm good. Washer and dryer work, fridge is cooling down. Hot water works.

I did a little touch up paint and made the bed for photos:
    Ek8gdN-yLzPq2U6xUn9GM-JdKjlaz_yiYZ2DP75rDTR0fPNOTx8gl3A4ubpL0zA2CdLfJJY2e3dlZbnCczA=w898-h283-no.jpg

I got the bathroom mirrors and towel bars hung up. I am really happy with how the bathroom turned out. I may even put some wainscott up in my house bathroom!
    tFFQC0lc95GHvD72tDQLSnjQE0Z97SNrGQ6OYhd5PkqAREZpc7-ZkSEPhDHQIBW_mjSClDG3-gmaY4KuvcQ=w415-h552-no.jpg
    x6B4AGzW1D70tXrupdABlJ59QkZkqs-VHDYHTc6hjneUkexrnqrYkpsGFIRAR2vq7aEAqyFsfmx3wUn-hHg=w415-h552-no.jpg