Gardner Pellet maker arrested

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
rut rooooooooooo

From the Worcester Telegram

GARDNER — Clerk Magistrate Daniel F. Langelier allowed a complaint of assault and battery to be issued yesterday against business owner Jason W. Mughmaw of Westminster for his alleged treatment of Winchendon planning agent Ellen E. DeCoteau.

“There is enough information at this level to issue a complaint,” Mr. Langelier said. “Now the burden is on the state to prove ‘beyond a reasonable doubt.’ ”

Ms. DeCoteau told police on Nov. 11 that Mr. Mughmaw had grabbed her by the left arm two days before and demanded a copy of the purchase and sale agreement on the property he purchased from the town for his wood pellet business.

Ms. DeCoteau said that Mr. Mughmaw told her, “You better find the purchase and sale agreement and it better say I demanded a 21E.”

However, Mr. Mughmaw said he was with his electrician at his business on Franklin Street at 4:50 p.m., the time Ms. DeCoteau alleges he assaulted her.

He also said when police told him Monday he was required to appear in court yesterday, he did not even know who had made the complaint against him until he looked at court documents.

Electrician Scott G. Charette from Shirley, Mr. Mughmaw’s witness at the hearing, corroborated his story.

“I was with him at the mill giving him an estimate on electrical work,” said M. Charette. “I know the time because my wife called my cell phone twice at 4:20 and 4:44 p.m. when I was there with him.”

He said he stayed and talked with Mr. Mughmaw a while longer. When he left it was dark, he said, and he drove straight home to Sterling, arriving about 5:55 p.m.

The Town Hall closes at 5 p.m.

“When I heard about the allegations, I couldn’t believe it,” said Mr. Charette.

Lt. David P. Walsh of the Winchendon Police Department said maybe the time Ms. DeCoteau alleges the incident took place was incorrect.

Mr. Mughmaw admitted he was in the Town Hall Nov. 10 to talk with grants administrator Gerald White who works in the same office as Ms. DeCoteau, but contends Ms. DeCoteau trumped up the charge to cover up an issue with the 21E.

“I think this is a fraudulent act by a government employee to cover up a mess,” he said outside the courtroom.

Mr. Mughmaw purchased a 1.25-acre property from the town in January 2009 for $20,000, formerly the site of a toy and furniture manufacturer.

When he requested a 21E from the town on the property, he said, he started to have problems. A 21E is an environmental site assessment required by the state that determines whether a property is contaminated with hazardous materials from previous uses.

The town paid to have the first part of the 21E completed, but the second part of the assessment that requires testing and a clear determination on contamination was never conducted.

Mr. Mughmaw said when he requested the document, the town told him he could not operate his mill because of code violations and he cannot get additional funding to complete necessary work at the mill to obtain an occupancy permit without a clear 21E, he said.

Mr. Charette estimated needed electrical work at $6,000.

“As far as I know, no one will loan him any money for a building on industrial land without a 21E,” said Mr. Charette.

Well you know those "pellet makers". They are a "wiley bunch"!

well, you know these government officials as well......wiley, untrustworthy, constantly covering their own a$$es.....Rangel, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.