Garrison II Baffle question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Barrierreef

Dec 5, 2021
Richmond
I bought this Garrison Wood stove recently, the stamp on the inside of the door says 1980. My question pertains to the baffle inside. When I received this is came with this piece at the bottom. I presume this is the baffle that is supposed to be somehow angled at the top of the unit. Is this what it is? Under it is the bottom fire bricks. I assume the fire is built upon the fire bricks and not this piece of steel correct? If this is the baffle, how in the world does it get installed at the top? I have tried like the dickens to get this thing out and cant seem to get the right angle. I was wondering if the fire bricks will need to come out to accomplish this? But my main question is if this is the baffle that goes up top? If it is, which side goes to back and which to front? There are two angular brackets on the side at the top of the unit inside, I presume this is where it hooks in? Thanks

IMG_1354.JPGIMG_1356.JPGIMG_1353.JPG

I was able to maneuver this back up to the top where I think it belongs at an angle. Took me like an hour. It was like a puzzle. Any further comments would be appreciated

replace your fire bricks

Yes, new firebricks and door gaskets are needed.