Gas Line Penetration in Bad Spot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Swonky

Dec 11, 2019
Arkansas
I bought a house with a masonry fireplace that had a vent free set of NG logs. They are a smaller log set in a larger fireplace. I have recently removed them in order to replace with a new larger vented log set. However the penetration for the NG line is near the middle of the floor of the fireplace. The larger sets that I am looking at will be obstructed by the line. Has anyone had any luck with raising the sets to sit above the NG inlet? I would have to raise it around 2.5" in order to clear it. Thought I would just add extra rock to conceal the blocks that the log set would be sitting on to attain clearance. I would prefer not to have to demo concrete in order to reroute the NG inlet. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

You might check out the Peterson pan burner with legs. It’s a really old design but you can get a lot of front flame I use to use them a lot. I have even took off the legs and put them on a grate or andirons.