Q&A Gas Logs for Majestic Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

We live in the Charleston SC area and are trying to purchase Vent Free Gas Logs.

We have a brick fireplace with a (insert?) from Majestic Huntington, Inc. model MBUC42. No one in the area can tell us the same story as to whether we can install Vent Free Gas Logs in this fireplace.

I can't find Majestic Huntington but I did find you on the internet.

Answer:

Chances are that you have a pre-fab or zero clearance fireplace (you can tell by a metal chimney)..If so, it is OK to install vent free logs.

If it is not a pre-fab, but a metal "insert" into a regular masonry fireplace..then you must remove the insert. I suspect the first instance is the most likely one. Majestic is a large company that makes pre-fab fireplaces so this is most likely your brand.

http://www.majesticproducts.com

Link: Majestic Products

Status
Not open for further replies.