Gasifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
henfruit said:
Nice ny edge, there are now 2 of us vigas owners on the fourm. Mark is great. How are you insulating your tanks? I have 1000 gallons and i am having them sprayfoamed on monday.

Ok, why did I think you had a Seton/Clone??

Oh, and my SIL was there . . .my wife KNEW I'd get back late ;-)

have is right.but not at this house.still at my old house that i use as rental property. i decided not to take it along.It is just sitting there not being used.

Henfruit: The insulation is a commercial grade 1000 deg. fiberglass type with tapped joints. I wrapped the pipes inside the box, and outside as well.
Pybyr: The lower left bottom of the picture is the feed from the boiler, and the return to the boiler.
The top line feeds all three tanks at the top with exactly the same dimension of pipes/fittings between tanks.
Either side of the top of the exterior tanks have temperature probes. One for the Vigas, and one for a Ranco control device for my oil burner.
It then continues out of the box at the top and goes to my oil boiler/zones.
The lower pipe on the bottom is the return from the tanks and is plumbed into the "middle" of the tank bottoms.
The outer connections of the tank bottoms are the return from the oil boiler/zones.

All three tanks have temperature probes in them and they all read pretty much the same. The Top left is the Vigas probe,
The middle top & bottom are connected to an Azel Technologies digital display.
The top right is connected to a Ranco Electronic Control Unit wired to control the oil boiler.

As for the suggestion on the vents; great idea, but unfortunately too late. I just finished blowing insulation into the tank box.
I plan on starting a new thread this coming week and posting pictures of the components I used.
I must finish this post by stating that Mark at AHONA designed the system including the electrical relays and controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.