Gaskets on a waterford trinity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MwCrf450r

Jun 9, 2021
Maine
So I bought a house with a old Waterford trinity mk II. The gaskets were all falling apart so I replaced both front and side doors as well as the glass gaskets. I found a manual online that doesn't say what size gaskets but the glass broke after I replaced the gasket. It had what appears to be a 1/2" rope gasket. The new gasket got deformed sitting with a peice of broken glass while I waited for a mew piece to be cut so I'm having issues with airflow. Should I be fine with cementing a new 1/2 rope gasket for my glass? I read about flat gaskets but it seems the previous owners bent the tabs to accommodate a Thicker gasket. Or it came that way and it was original I'm not sure.

The Waterford Trinity manual says they used adhesive tape for the glass gasket. This implies flat tape. Note that the replacement ceramic glass should be 5mm thick. They sell glass tape here:

Reactions: MwCrf450r
Thanks. I geuss I was reading a different manual. Mine said how to replace the glass and all that but never mentioned gaskets

Here's the whole section. Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 2.32.07 PM.png

Reactions: MwCrf450r