gassifers are too much work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the way this thing is playing out smacks of deceit. Could we be dealing with a frustrated OWB dealer who can't unload a yard full of "smokers" and was hoping to create the illusion of "gassifiers are too much work" for his prospective customers. I think that scenario is just as plausible as someone shooting an expensive system "full of holes." If he is legitimate, the behavior is reckless beyond comprehension. What I learned from this thread is that the Boiler Room is filled with great people willing to stand up for a struggling stranger. They offered hope in the face of accusations of self-interested motive. The Boiler Room members have got to be some of the best people I have never met. ;-)

rvtgr8 said:
I think the way this thing is playing out smacks of deceit. Could we be dealing with a frustrated OWB dealer who can't unload a yard full of "smokers" and was hoping to create the illusion of "gassifiers are too much work" for his prospective customers. I think that scenario is just as plausible as someone shooting an expensive system "full of holes." If he is legitimate, the behavior is reckless beyond comprehension. What I learned from this thread is that the Boiler Room is filled with great people willing to stand up for a struggling stranger. They offered hope in the face of accusations of self-interested motive. The Boiler Room members have got to be some of the best people I have never met. ;-)

That's been my thought from the beginning. Something didn't smell right. Fishman had another post of the same type of question. Just somebody yanking our chain. Gonna happen once in a while.

A bit of bad fish isn't going to bother the Boiler Room - a quick trip to the crapper and it's gone :lol:

fishman said:
i took my 44 mag and shot the thing full of holes

It would have been easier to have adj the primary air by moving the sliders. I don't think it helped the secondary air cause going thru two 1/4 in steel plates and 6in or so of fire brick might have stopped short that lead.
You will have to get a larger pump for sure now and get a larger supply line. I'm sure there is someone here That can calculate the flow you will need.
Better yet there is a guy that makes furnaces That had all the answers A few days ago. His was cheaper, more efficiant, and had great thermal transfer as his was only 1/16 in thick. That would be easier to shoot holes in also. That wouldn't be you would it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/
leaddog

You guys are so gullable. An attempt to sell other products that gave me a laugh obviously those who thought this don't no much about business, one should never slander the competition it makes them look bad an is bad for that industry as a whole. I am in entertainment/ promotions and i would never slander anyone in my industry. My success comes from my ability( good bull shiter) to prove why more people will come to my attraction versus my competition. If a business has used competition in the past first thing i do is praise them for thinking of using an entertainment/promotion company to promote their business or event. Sorry enuff of business 101. My flue pipe was plugged with soot and ash probably from having fan at 100 percent and primaries opened half way, i did'nt reduce fan speed and close primaries until mid Jan. soot had collected about 4 feet up from bioler in a bend then fell down to the elbow right behind the bioler.
Thank you all for trying to help you are all a great group of (gullable) guys and your committment to these wood burning machines and the people using them
is proof of your industrious nature. If you guys can figure these thing out you can do almost anything. Sorry if i pissed anyone off but i got your attention.
P.S. I am starting to franchise my Patented fishing tanks guys like you that can fix anything are prime candidates for this venture. We are close to getting a large regional chain to hire us for shows in their parking lots and we are working on a national chain. any interest call me at 330-Fishing

Hey fishman, glad you got things working. Sorry if I started to think that you were playing with us. I agree that running down the competition is bad and I don't see much of that here. By and large most users here are very happy with what they have. All units have there pluses and minuses and each person has to evaluate his situation to get the right size and unit. There has only been a couple of brands that have been really badmouthed here and for good reason. We also like to bring out any outragious claims that are make and there has been alot of those. That said you will find that most here are REALLY wanting to help as we believe in these gasification boilers.
leaddog

fishman said:
You guys are so gullable. An attempt to sell other products that gave me a laugh obviously those who thought this don't no much about business, one should never slander the competition it makes them look bad an is bad for that industry as a whole. I am in entertainment/ promotions and i would never slander anyone in my industry. My success comes from my ability( good bull shiter) to prove why more people will come to my attraction versus my competition. If a business has used competition in the past first thing i do is praise them for thinking of using an entertainment/promotion company to promote their business or event. Sorry enuff of business 101. My flue pipe was plugged with soot and ash probably from having fan at 100 percent and primaries opened half way, i did'nt reduce fan speed and close primaries until mid Jan. soot had collected about 4 feet up from bioler in a bend then fell down to the elbow right behind the bioler.
Thank you all for trying to help you are all a great group of (gullable) guys and your committment to these wood burning machines and the people using them
is proof of your industrious nature. If you guys can figure these thing out you can do almost anything. Sorry if i pissed anyone off but i got your attention.
P.S. I am starting to franchise my Patented fishing tanks guys like you that can fix anything are prime candidates for this venture. We are close to getting a large regional chain to hire us for shows in their parking lots and we are working on a national chain. any interest call me at 330-Fishing

I would call you but I bet you wont return calls

Fish,

I too am happy that you have your system running. The gullible part of this thread probably rests in my capable hands. I think the operative phrase I used was, "smacks of," which is far short of an accusation. Gullible members? Maybe we are, but I prefer the term, "trusting!" This group of people are saving me literally thousands of dollars on an install, helping me to learn a new aspect of self-sufficiency and more importantly, teaching me a little more about the word friendship. I will wear the moniker you have bestowed upon us with some degree of pride. When promoting your new product, and I wish you all the best, you would do well to peruse the threads on this site to learn just how far trust can get you. My humble opinion, and mine alone. Good luck and stay warm.

Robert

Well said, Robert- I am glad that the vast majority of folks here on Hearth in general and the boiler room in particular focus on positive things, and on helping each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.