Getting EKO off of steel pallet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trehugr

Hearth Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Greenwood, Maine
EKO is in place, the shed is coming along nicely and I want to get the EKO 40 off of the steel pallet. I built the ridge beam strong enough to lift the EKO with a chain fall. However, there are no lift points on the top portion of the boiler or anywhere for that matter. Any ideas ?

Could be a bear. I am hoping to leave my Eko 40 on its base. It is probably too heavy to jack it up with boards and two floor jacks & then make a plywood ramp to slide it down, eh?

I threaded a 2" tee to the top and pulled the chain through it. It was a little off balance but worked fine. Cozy Dave told me they do it that way when needed. I used it to get the boiler off the back of my truck and to remove the pallet.

You could screw the branch side of a 2" tee onto the top pipe on the boiler. Slide a chain or cable through it as a lift point. It doesn't lift perfectly straight, but close enough. I've lifted many a boiler this way.

Becareful, regardless of how you lift it!

* Not a factory authorized method, conceptual idea only"

I jacked mine up and dropped the steel pallet down, but I like the 2" tee idea as well. In my case, we set the boiler on blocks so that we could get a pallet jack underneath.

I like tackling those kind of challenges.

Are you planning to sit it directly onto the floor, or on some other sort of base?

Directly on the floor. Easier for wife to load wood. Will the supply pipe hold 1300 lbs ?

Easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.