Getting started...QA/QC my install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxcar7

Oct 13, 2015
Black River, NY
Hi everyone,

I'll be dong a self install of a Canadian Comfort Pellet stove. Buying it used. I've been crusing your forum and join in hopes of great information for nuuubeeezzzz like me. Thinks I'd like some feed bac on.

1. Cold air intake,the instrctions strongly reccoment, so I'm going to do it. The problem is find the proper 2 inch flex hose, like what is sold with new stoves. Anyone know of a suppier?

2. Previous owner said he did not use one...any thoughts on this?

3. Learned that pellets are everything. More reading required.

4. Get city inspection for insurance.

5. Need more CO/Fire detectors installed.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance....Boxcar

Venting, hearth pad
Clean the stove as well as possible and fire outside to make sure it runs well before bringing it in.

Hi everyone,

1. Cold air intake,the instrctions strongly reccoment, so I'm going to do it. The problem is find the proper 2 inch flex hose, like what is sold with new stoves. Anyone know of a suppier?

I think you should be able to get it at BBS. Just about any pellet stove dealer should be able to supply it, or there are sources on the interwebz (just google 2" aluminum flex pipe). if you lived closer, I have some extra.

welcome to the site, Boxcar.
a couple of things come to mind.
have the opening for the O.A.K. intake out of normal range of drifting snow or above the level of snow dropped from the roof.
also, venting to a part of the structure that predominantly gets high winds more than other areas is something to plan ahead for.
if you are faced with that condition anyway.
i think there are steps that can be taken with types of termination caps that can help mediate if you are forced to vent through a wall that will get predominant winds.

i don't see many people encountering this, but i mention it just in case you have a known wind pattern that could affect your stove.

great to have you here. :)

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.