Getting Tired Of Fighting The Fight This Winter ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore sneakers today !!!

;)

Nope, been other wise occupied with Mom.

There's not 3 feet of snow up there, so I'm good right now. Going to have to rip it out from the inside and reinsulate, sheet rock, etc. Glad I moved the couch out from under it, though :mad:
Want me to take a look at it? I pass through your neck of the woods on my drive home from work.

Last edited:
Want me to take a look at it? I pass through your neck of the woods on my drive home from work.

Thanks, Dom !! I'll get back to you on that. let me see how things go with Mom. A lot going on, and I'm preoccupied with her at the moment. I'll be okay with 3 inches of snow on Friday ;)

Another 3-5 inches on Friday, at this point I'm numb.

Disgusted is more like it!

I'm sick of winter. It is March 19th and it was 12F last night. Where is spring man? :)
Chill out, its not even spring yet. Iv got a lot of ugly wood i need to get rid of so another 2 months of burning is OK. Cheers:)

Just when I could see the beat down grass in the yard, 6 inches of snow on the way!

Was hoping to work on the Jeep this weekend, now that is out of the question.

I've decided I'm doubling up me firewood order this year.

I was 1 1/2 years ahead. Cue "was", damn it.

Just when I could see the beat down grass in the yard, 6 inches of snow on the way!

Was hoping to work on the Jeep this weekend, now that is out of the question.

What is this thing "grass" that you speak of ... we're still a ways away from even seeing any grass ... looks like a lawn with freshly groomed snow will be what everyone tries for this year instead of a nicely manicured lawn. ;)

Reactions: vinny11950
Light "snizzle" right now. No big deal. Snow pack is greatly reduced, but still close to 18", snow banks not included. I can walk the yard on top of it! Driveway is clear and getting wider with every warm(ish) day. The good man scratches little furrows in the driveway to facilitate drainage to the sides of the driveway. It is shaping up to be a mud season "for the ages". We sweep the entry every day, and I shed my "driveway shoes" for slippers upon entry to the house of my shop (what a pain).

Good news: we have 2 pairs of Bluebirds frequenting the feeder. We have Woodpeckers and Cardinals at the feeder, along with the usual cast of characters. The o'possums have begun visiting the yard (vacuuming up seeds under the feeder); a big, stout male and a smaller, more delicate female. Both look healthy and both show up before the sun goes down, so we have the privilege of watching them "court". That fool dog has treed a juvenile (yearling?) 'coon twice in as many days.

Forced marches continue but receding snow banks lessen the peril of speeders at the price of black ice if I "go early". But it's still damn cold! and the wind has been brutal the past few days. I still sport an electric blue face mask when it's really cold... as long as I remove it before entering a bank I figure I'm "good to go"...

Reactions: Dix
Still plenty of snow here . . . rode over 150 miles this past weekend on the sleds.

A few shots from around the house today.

We still have to step up from the back porch to go "down" . . . as you can see the snow is level with our above ground pool.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: vinny11950 and Dix
I got 6 inches of snow Saturday. High temps have most of it gone.

Don't envy you,Jake.

Still plenty of snow here . . . rode over 150 miles this past weekend on the sleds.

A few shots from around the house today.

We still have to step up from the back porch to go "down" . . . as you can see the snow is level with our above ground pool.
Thanks for reminding most of us that it can always be worse. :)
We're not too far ahead of you but at least I'm ahead of someone on our race to the mud and black flies!

I got 6 inches of snow Saturday. High temps have most of it gone.

Don't envy you,Jake.

Just a dusting up here . . . seriously . . . a real dusting . . . not one of those "dustings" meaning 2-3 inches . . . just a trace amount of snow. My wife is about to go off the deep end I think since she doesn't do anything outdoors during winter. Guess this would have been a good year for a cruise.

Reactions: Dix
Thanks for reminding most of us that it can always be worse. :)
We're not too far ahead of you but at least I'm ahead of someone on our race to the mud and black flies!

Who said it was "worse?" ;)

Sledding is still very good . . . figure it could disappear pretty quickly though if the temps came up and we get a couple to three days of rain. I may or may not be riding next weekend depending on the weather. Crazy thing is . . . Central Maine hasn't had a particularly great amount of snow -- that "honor" falls to folks Downeast and up in The County.

That said . . . I went over 1,000 miles for the year on my sled . . . not my biggest mileage year . . . but a good solid winter of riding . . . I think I am ready for Spring . . . with the mud . . . but no black flies . . . I always hope for no black flies.

Reactions: Knots
Just a dusting up here . . . seriously . . . a real dusting . . . not one of those "dustings" meaning 2-3 inches . . . just a trace amount of snow. My wife is about to go off the deep end I think since she doesn't do anything outdoors during winter. Guess this would have been a good year for a cruise.

Jake, if we'd got hit again, I'd have been looking for a rope and a chair, seriously.

For Jake, your moment of spring... Hellebores are happy, grass (and weeds) are growing strong, cherries and pears are blooming.
IMAG1086web.jpg IMAG1087web.jpg IMAG1090web.jpg

Reactions: firefighterjake
Looks like it will be warming up for you later in the week Dix. And remember there have been years not to far back where the reverse was happening right through June for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.