Getting Tired Of Fighting The Fight This Winter ...

Jags

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
Aug 2, 2006
Northern IL
22F this morning. I am pretty much still in fully heating mode. Gonna get all the way up to 34 than back down to 15 for tonight. Stick a fork in me...

vinny11950

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2010
Eastern Long Island, NY
22F this morning. I am pretty much still in fully heating mode. Gonna get all the way up to 34 than back down to 15 for tonight. Stick a fork in me...
From Accuweather. Those warm temps sure look nice out West.

temps.jpg

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
129 miles on the sled today with my brother-in-law and good friend Joe. Only saw one other sled . . . well two if you count the broken down Yamaha in middle of the trail . . . the Fat Lady is starting to sing though . . . snow is slowly and surely melting away. While snow in places was still over a foot deep, near the roads and in some fields it was down to dirt, ice or snirt.

Hit a couple of "mountains" which used to have fire towers on them -- Harris Mountain and Frye Mountain (more like big hills though.)

Attachments

Reactions: TX-L and jatoxico

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
You're sick, Jake :eek:

Spring is gonna come, and then I'll be riding & showing the horses...... I hear ya ;)

Reactions: OldLumberKid

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
Ride yes. Show yes.

Poke, well, no.

Reactions: Jags

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Linky no worky

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
Interesting. It is just a youtube link and I can see it. Hmmm....

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Now, it's there.... same one.

Little witch, deserved that toss :mad:

vinny11950

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2010
Eastern Long Island, NY
Hey, Suffolk looks like a winter wonderland tonight.

Saw a couple of cars spin out on William Floyd. Not a lot of snow (2 inches maybe) but it sure was icy.

TX-L

Burning Hunk
Sep 1, 2010
Tug Hill State Forest, NY
I guess I can't go Steelhead fishing for a few days yet... it would be difficult at best. will just continue snowmobiling for now. :cool:

P.S. It's +1::F outside right now, which is real bad for Maple Weekend. And Steelhead fishing.

Attachments

EatenByLimestone

Minister of Fire
Jul 12, 2006
Schenectady, NY
It just dawned on me that they've already started stocking the trout this year. They may have needed to chop or bore a hole first though. Season opens April 1st on the trout streams around here. 13 frickin degrees this morning.

OldLumberKid

Feeling the Heat
Hey, Suffolk looks like a winter wonderland tonight.

Saw a couple of cars spin out on William Floyd. Not a lot of snow (2 inches maybe) but it sure was icy.

29 this morning in Nassau
— could not believe what I saw on the news on the east end -- a winter wonderland indeed.
Well it looked pretty at least, but that's about all.
Snowed all day yesterday here but not much of it stuck
hopefully we're nearly done with this Winter crapola

jatoxico

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2011
Long Island NY
A fair amount ended up sticking here. Enough that I had to shovel anyway. Got a pretty good blaze going again tonight. Supposed to be into the low 30's maybe high 20's overnight o_O.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
*Grumbles* Had to muck rake the snow in front of the stalls, so it won't ice up tonight.

Loaded up the house for the week.

I have a goal, which is to empty the wood rack in the house, then reload from fresh stock .... the bottom half has been inside for 2 years... it should burn well :mad:

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Sucks big time. I was just looking at lilacs opening up.

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
We be busting low day and night temp records still.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Crazy. We have been in the low 60s which is high for March here, more like May weather. My accountant hibernates in AZ during the winter. He is complaining of 96F temps yesterday! Those folks are going to bake come summer if this keeps up.

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
I see a pattern setting in. The same thing happened last Winter.

And if I remember correctly you guys were warm about now then too.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
It is similar to last year, but this year is definitely warmer so far. Go back 4 years and it was the opposite.

Warm_in_NH

Minister of Fire
Dec 17, 2013
central NH or N.E. CT.
Last day of March and I watched the plow go rumbling by as I was pouring my morning coffee. 26, windy, 2" of fresh snow.

Small outside job on delay due to snow, cold, wind, and the wonderful ice cold roof line drip that comes with working below the low eve. Those are mid winter reasons for a delay, not last day of march reasons. :mad:

razerface

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2014
Ohio
I am done. I let the fire go out Monday morning. It's all up to the geothermal now.

Knots

Minister of Fire
Mar 13, 2013
Alfred, Maine
Teens tonight and tomorrow night. I've got enough wood for about four more days.

Weatherman keeps showing it warming up three days out. Kinda like that dusty sign in the corner of the bar that says " Free Beer Tomorrow".

Reactions: Warm_in_NH

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just walked the Murph .... I hear "peepers"

BrotherBart

Modestorator
Staff member
The last two days I loaded the shed for next year. Time for the flower pots on the stove. Thirties tomorrow night but the oil filleds can have it. I am done for the season. Actually have been for two weeks.