Giving up on pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k., as someone who has dealt with wood stoves and all the work that goes with one. I now am amazed at the warmth and comfort I receive from my pellet stove. So warm, easy, and convenient. I love it! I suppose some day I may become burnt out, but not anytime soon. Maybe I'm on on my pellet stove honeymoon? I know there's some work involved, but nothing like my old wood stove. I'm amazed at how much heat and warmth one bag of pellets goes in heating my entire house. I'm hooked on my pellet stove and will use it even if other alternatives are cheaper. I'm just crazy I guess. Did I mention safety?

O.k., as someone who has dealt with wood stoves and all the work that goes with one. I now am amazed at the warmth and comfort I receive from my pellet stove. So warm, easy, and convenient. I love it! I suppose some day I may become burnt out, but not anytime soon. Maybe I'm on on my pellet stove honeymoon? I know there's some work involved, but nothing like my old wood stove. I'm amazed at how much heat and warmth one bag of pellets goes in heating my entire house. I'm hooked on my pellet stove and will use it even if other alternatives are cheaper. I'm just crazy I guess. Did I mention safety?
your dog, tree walker?

Haven't been burning much this season it's my 5th year with my Quad Castile. Like most with the cost of oil so low I've been sitting on my pellet stash.
A few weeks ago I decided I missed seeing the fire in the living room so I am burning a little to get that back.
It's 7 deg F. right now and dropping quickly (not counting the wind chill factor) so after walking the dog it sure feels good.

Do have to agree that burning pellets is different than wood, but like most I asked questions here, and learned. it's really easy once you understand how to maintain your stove.

What does surprise me is why pellet prices haven't plummeted. I see pallets of them sitting in store lots.

Saw a local hardware store sign the other day "all our wood pellets are stored inside", and if you looked to the right of the store there are tons and tons that have been sitting outside in the elements for some months.

Reactions: bogieb
I would take a picture of the sign and the piles of pellets outside and ask them if there is a new definition of inside storage we don't know about:)

Status
Not open for further replies.