Gloves to tend my fire.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damifino

Oct 12, 2008
N. W. Indiana
When I tend my fire in my wood burner I use welders gloves that come up to the middle of my forearm and love the protection I get from the fire. Does any body know of a thick leather (welder type) glove that goes up to the elbow?

Thanks

I, too, have a pair from Ace. Work great and are heavily lined so they really block out the heat.

I have to find a pair as well. The only gloves my stove shop were selling come up not even half way up the forearm. Sure gets hot when you're raking coals to the front and trying to sneak wood into the back without burning your arm on the door opening or singeing your arm from the heat of the coals... Doesn't make any sense to sell these "baby gloves". I have the "hash marks" on my right arm to prove it! : )

Guess it's a trip to Ace Hardware then. Thanks.

Look at my post MY MOM GOT ME GLOVES I posted the ll baen part number cant find them in any catlog she called them .The are foundry glover go to my elbow thick hand fingers filled with
wool they arebad ass she said she paid 57.00 worth it and I want to get another pair JUST TO HVE lol

Status
Not open for further replies.