GM 60 glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Compo

Mar 5, 2023
New York
Hi I purchased a GM 60 Fall 2022. It replaced an older non cat stove. It takes a little getting used to. I had smoke problems in the beginning like discussed here. I solved that problem and now the stove cranks. I am very satisfied.

I do have a question on the glass. I clean mine regularly but it is starting to discolor and has what appears to be air bubbles in it. The first picture shows the air bubbles and the second is the discoloration. Has anyone noticed this?

20230305_170611.jpg 20230305_170534.jpg 20230305_170736.jpg

I'm not sure that is the best thing for stove glass. It looks like it is more of a grease cleaner. Try some Windex spray glass cleaner and see if that gets rid of the residues. It may take a couple of passes to really clean up.

i only clean mine with damp paper towel and ash from inside the firebox. works great. It gets off those discolorations.