Gnome Thelin Pellet Stove Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bttahern

Sep 29, 2020
Seamus33*
Hello, I recently bought a used gnome pellet stove, circa 2011.

I ran it outside to test. Worked great but here is my issue and hopefully someone here is familiar with this stove because their custmer service tech folks are not replying to my questions.

After burn the stove fan is supposed to run for 30 mins or until cool down. Mine just runs constantly. I have even unplugged and replugged several times but no matter what this happens.

It did NOT happen when I first got the stove and just had it spit pellets.

I am hopeful someone on here will have some insight as I was going to use it to heat my garage in the winter(no flammables in there). I could just unplug it each time after 30 mins of cool down but that seems like a pain in the neck

Thank you n advance! I am a total newbie to pellet stoves

Exhaust blowers running nonstop when they are supposed to shut off after a certain time are usually a control board issue, although sometimes it’s a vacuum issue, but they usually won’t feed pellets then. I don’t repair control boards but I believe maybe it’s a type of triac failure. I’ve only ever worked on one Thelin and that was enough for me. Good luck.

Could also be one of the snap disks that are not going to open after the cool down..

Exhaust blowers running nonstop when they are supposed to shut off after a certain time are usually a control board issue, although sometimes it’s a vacuum issue, but they usually won’t feed pellets then. I don’t repair control boards but I believe maybe it’s a type of triac failure. I’ve only ever worked on one Thelin and that was enough for me. Good luck.

Yes, I swapped out the T2 sensor but that was not it. So I am assuming it is the board because it is feeding pellets