Good brand electric heater De'Longhi??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
I have a couple of oil filled heaters for backup, One of them went poop so I need to get another, But I don't want to get the same kind of crap That only lasted 2 years.
I am looking at this one
De'Longhi Oil-Filled Radiant Tower Electric Space Heater

Recommendations for others??

I like them...have had various ones for a dozen years or so. I don't think any of them every stopped working.
You have had the DE Longhi brand??

Last edited:
Would have to look....but I always get the De'Longhis when I have a choice because of my experience with them....and, way back when, that was the first and only one of this type available.
So they have been around a long time that sounds good, thanks

Went and picked it up.
I will put this one in the bedroom, , It has a remote control, Don't even have to get out of bed to turn it on ==c :cool:
If this one goes poop I hope it does it in the first year, Paid 10 bucks for one year instant Replacement

I only use electric space heaters for quick heat in rooms i like warmer than the house temps like the bathroom. For quick heat i like the quartz radiant heaters. They use about half the power and give instant heat.By the time an oil filled one would heat up id be already gone from the room.

Reactions: Ehouse
Doesn't it have a one year warranty from the manufacturer?
Yes but you have to send it to the manufacture, and pay shipping, To see if it can be repaired,
The extra in store warranty will replace it At the store immediately

I only use electric space heaters for quick heat in rooms i like warmer than the house temps like the bathroom. For quick heat i like the quartz radiant heaters. They use about half the power and give instant heat.By the time an oil filled one would heat up id be already gone from the room.
Good point for quick heat

...electric space heaters for quick heat in rooms...
For our two bathrooms I installed kickspace electric forced air space heaters, both on a timer. The bathrooms heat up quickly and we set the timer only for 15 minutes.

23 years of heating the 1500 sqft house with a wood stove in the living room gets a person used to temperature variations in a house: open living room, dining room and kitchen stay very comfortable, except overnight and early morning to load the stove and get it up to speed, very cool bedrooms which is good for snuggling and sleeping with warm blankets, and two bathrooms, one of which is cool and the other is very cool. The temp variations barely are noticed by us anymore. I'm an early riser, so I get the stove going, and the house is warm by the time my wife gets up, and if not she sits in a chair by the stove with a hot coffee of freshly brewed coffee -- about as good as it gets.

Reactions: HDRock
For our two bathrooms I installed kickspace electric forced air space heaters, both on a timer. The bathrooms heat up quickly and we set the timer only for 15 minutes.

23 years of heating the 1500 sqft house with a wood stove in the living room gets a person used to temperature variations in a house: open living room, dining room and kitchen stay very comfortable, except overnight and early morning to load the stove and get it up to speed, very cool bedrooms which is good for snuggling and sleeping with warm blankets, and two bathrooms, one of which is cool and the other is very cool. The temp variations barely are noticed by us anymore. I'm an early riser, so I get the stove going, and the house is warm by the time my wife gets up, and if not she sits in a chair by the stove with a hot coffee of freshly brewed coffee -- about as good as it gets.

Our situation exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.