Good price for a Harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I would say it would be worth $1500 all day long?

Reactions: Harmanizer and bags
Seems high to me. I swapped out both of my stoved this year. Replaced them with a 2014 xxv that I got for $2000 and a 2014 Advance that I got for $1000. There are deals to be had but usually not in the heart of heating season. I think you can do much better if you’re patient

Reactions: Harmanizer
I would say it would be worth $1500 all day long?

Prices probably climb a bit in the NE like everything else but I agree IMO $2,100 is up there a bit. I scored a very nice PC45 for $1,600 that only needed a good internal cleaning and go over. Exterior looked like showroom floor new but the inside was jacked up and hadn't been cleaned.

I'd say the wife took care of the exterior and the hubby (slacker) did the messy inside stuff or didn't..... Plus they burned 100% corn for the most part. Dude was a tool. Worked out well for me though. Mine was a SW Ohio price with cash in hand and barter once I drove up to see it.

I'd start by offering the seller a $1,500 - $1,600 price. You know he picked it up cheap and tweaked a couple of issues or gave it a good clean and put a good used showroom price on said stove. Maybe he got it for a grand and would like to turn a quick and easy $500 bucks and unload it. They are great stoves but look up the price of a new one first also.

How's it going, rickwai? Hope all is well.

Yeah, everything is more expensive round here. I'm thinking may go as high as 1,800.
There is a nice looking PC45 going for $1000' still waiting to here back from the lady. But I was thinking it would be nice to have the bigger stove.
Also the advance is being sold by an a Stove guy that im hoping knows this stove is running good and putting his business reputation on it.
As opposed from some homeowner that doesn't know anything about the stove

Yeah, everything is more expensive round here. I'm thinking may go as high as 1,800.
There is a nice looking PC45 going for $1000' still waiting to here back from the lady. But I was thinking it would be nice to have the bigger stove.
Also the advance is being sold by an a Stove guy that im hoping knows this stove is running good and putting his business reputation on it.
If you burn pellets with it you can buy a kit that will boost heat output from 45,000 to 50,000 for 40.00

Does he offer a warranty? That could easily be worth a few hundred or more depending on the length. Ask him to cover the stove for a year and perhaps include an end of season cleaning so you can take notes.

Prices probably climb a bit in the NE like everything else but I agree IMO $2,100 is up there a bit. I scored a very nice PC45 for $1,600 that only needed a good internal cleaning and go over. Exterior looked like showroom floor new but the inside was jacked up and hadn't been cleaned.

I'd say the wife took care of the exterior and the hubby (slacker) did the messy inside stuff or didn't..... Plus they burned 100% corn for the most part. Dude was a tool. Worked out well for me though. Mine was a SW Ohio price with cash in hand and barter once I drove up to see it.

I'd start by offering the seller a $1,500 - $1,600 price. You know he picked it up cheap and tweaked a couple of issues or gave it a good clean and put a good used showroom price on said stove. Maybe he got it for a grand and would like to turn a quick and easy $500 bucks and unload it. They are great stoves but look up the price of a new one first also.

How's it going, rickwai? Hope all is well.
Going good Bags!
I just converted my Haramn P38 to a auto ignition P43. Just put a new term cap on the St. Croix and brought corn home in anticipation of the cold weather coming up. How have you been?

If you burn pellets with it you can buy a kit that will boost heat output from 45,000 to 50,000 for 40.00
I have not heard of this. What is it?

I have not heard of this. What is it?
If you have a Harman PC45 there is a plate in front of the exh fan you remove to clean the fan blades. Ok there is a replacement for that then you also get a different end plate so you can eliminate the agitator in the pot. This eliminates the need for the agitator.

$2100 would be absolute top (100% rebuilt) like new price with at least a year warranty. Not saying it's not worth it, but just be 100% sure of what you are buying. Call a Harman dealer and see what you can do on a new stove and go from there.

Going good Bags!
I just converted my Haramn P38 to a auto ignition P43. Just put a new term cap on the St. Croix and brought corn home in anticipation of the cold weather coming up. How have you been?

Good. Getting healed up from two back to back serious injuries. Just rolled in from the wife's family and driving thru some cruddy weather but home safe and warm. Just tossed a bag into the 68 for the night. Snowing here and temps going real low as in single digits at night.

It was in the 50's for a snap just a day or so ago for a few days. Looks like we'll be seeing a 50 degree drop from the high temp Thursday to tomorrow night and the next. Yippie!

Years ago, I paid $2000 CDN for a one year old, like-new Accentra FS stove, including all of the exhaust pipes, etc. I thought it was a good deal, and 10 years on that stove has proven to be an excellent investment. In that time, I've replaced the combustion blower and auger. Not bad, considering it runs 24-7 in the basement all winter long.

Reactions: bags
If you have a Harman PC45 there is a plate in front of the exh fan you remove to clean the fan blades. Ok there is a replacement for that then you also get a different end plate so you can eliminate the agitator in the pot. This eliminates the need for the agitator.
OK... I missed that you were referring to the PC45. I am familiar with that. I miss understood and thought it was referring to the Advanced. Thanks for the clarification:)