Good source for used electric motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beast of a motor. Have you tried eBay or Craigslist? There are some decent sources on eBay.

My number once source for all things industrial (when buying in small volumes) is Grainger.com. They ship in the blink of an eye and are 100% dependable. Not the cheapest, however.

Grainger was $1910 + shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found one local for $575. Both are new. Can't believe the dif in price.
Wood like to get it down further as I am selling the machine soon and didn't want to put a ton of $$$$$ into it.

Wow - $575 for that size motor is a heck of a deal. I'd take it!

If 7.5 will do, there is a guy on EBay selling new ones for about $300. I think it is rated for compressor duty. What does a 10 hp single phase draw?

I bet you'd be in the 50amp range with a motor of that size, fully loaded....

Maybe at 110, a 6 hp I just got my hands on draws 14 with 220. I'm hoping its big enough to repower a splitter with a 5" cylinder and run a 6 way wedge. The 2hp works well with the 3.5" cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.