Got a new Boiler door for my old Tarm today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyny

Feeling the Heat
Nov 16, 2007
upstate ny
I finally found a new used door for my old tarm 502. Mine was cracked in several places, welded and patched up a bit here and there. After looking around and checking with the tarm dealer, I finally found one right here on the forum, reasonably priced and it fits like a glove. Mine was so leaky it was hard to get good control of the burn. A few months ago "Bearbud" here on the forum posted a door in the classified, so after a little discussion, I bought it. My boiler now works much better since it is easier to control. He offered to ship it from Pa to NY but I decided to take a ride to pick it up. We met at the Cabella's parking lot in Hamburg Pa. The entire deal took about 5 minutes. I showed up on time with the cash, he showed up on time with the door and it was a done deal. Then I spent several hours in awe at Cabella's. Then on the way home, I stopped to see my brother in Pa. This was my first trip (ever) to my brothers house without my truck and tools. It was a perfect trip. Thanks to Bearbud and the hearth I had a great day in Pa.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.