Got my corn laid in...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 7, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Went down and picked up 6 ton of no germ uncoated seed corn the other day. This corn was all in 55 pound Tyvek bags, all skidded. Only bad thing is, I'll have to roast the bags when empty. I now have 8 ton in the barn along with 2 ton of hardwood pellets. Think I'll pick up an additional ton of hardwood pellets yet this summer if I can negotiate a good price at the local TSC.

Let it snow, let it blow, I'll be toasty in the house this coming winter.... :)

"roast the bags" meaning?
(can't give them away for free, if opened w/o completely destroying them?)

The bags come machine stitched and tagged so I have to burn them. Not reusable for anything. Just like a horse feed bag with the pull to open stitching. They are run on an automated bagging line and robotically stacked on skids. Much like wood pellets.

Reactions: stoveliker