Got price from Lowe's on the new model from England Stove Works.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedNeck Wrangler

Jun 6, 2008
"The Alton Bog" Maine
They sell the stove under the name Summers Heat. Model 49-SHCPM Multi-fuel. The price was $2305.00. They said it would take 2 weeks to get.

that should be their "sos" price,(sounds like it anyway) with shipping included (which is how lowes does it with SOS orders). lowes is not stocking that model at this time nor will depot be stocking it so special ordering it is the proper way of obtaining one.

reason for the late "fielding" of this unit and the upcoming debut of the 25-EP has to do with the sheer numbers of units that have been ordered this year. (yeah , its taxing us pretty heavily as well) the same as the other manufacturers. in order to get product out there in the stores (which lowes and depot as well as our other retailers really are wanting what they can get the most of the soonest) the standards we have supplied for years are the first in line due to the ability of producing them at a higher rate (with the same standard of quality) than the more labor intensive units such as the CPM , and the 25-PUF. the EP will be coming out very soon as well, the addition of having to get the testing and certification out of the way pushed that one back some as well.

so , i guess that anyone looking to get one of these stoves should check in at the SOS desk at your local lowes as if the SKU has been opened and lead times established then the unit is officially available (chagrinned that i was unable to "beat you to the punch" on the information, but as long as its out there its good in my book.

No I didn't order it, I thought about it because I have a Quadra Fire on order but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back, the dealer said it looks like October for my stove.

I was just in Lowe's Wednesday night and pre-bought the 55-SHP22. I also saw the 49-SHCPM on the Special Order list for $2305. Are there any brochures or anything other than the small pdf on the web site that gives the specifics of this unit?? I like the idea of the ash drawer and like the looks of the 49 over the 55. Also, are the gold inserts on the side the standard ones or does it come standard with something different. I originally had a Harman P68 on order but we all know how that turned out. I know the glass on the P68 stays pretty clean, how about these two??

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Greg

checked in at the office today , seeing the new 25-EP and 25-EPI insert showing MSRP of 1999.00 special order pricing will probably be a couple hundred higher due to freight considerations. release date looking like sometime in august (probably mid to late) due to the EPI coming online the 25-pi insert has been discontinued. so if anyone reading was looking to buy the PI , it is no longer available so if you do not find one in stock (which is actually fairly likely in some chains) the EPI is the option for an insert. personally i like the setup and look of the EPI bettter anyway and square footage rating is basically the same. im waiting for our pubs guy to e mail me some slicks so i can post them. its actually a striking stove as an insert my pictures i posted earlier from the atlanta show just dont do it justice.

by the way , the price quoted above is the lowes sos price which includes shipping so for the lowes 49-SHCPM only difference is nickle trim instead of brass that depot carries along with a similar price) is the price you would pay at lowes nationwide.

no1psycho said:
I was just in Lowe's Wednesday night and pre-bought the 55-SHP22. I also saw the 49-SHCPM on the Special Order list for $2305. Are there any brochures or anything other than the small pdf on the web site that gives the specifics of this unit?? I like the idea of the ash drawer and like the looks of the 49 over the 55. Also, are the gold inserts on the side the standard ones or does it come standard with something different. I originally had a Harman P68 on order but we all know how that turned out. I know the glass on the P68 stays pretty clean, how about these two??

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Greg

here's a link to the manual for the CPM http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/10-CPM.pdf

and one for the p-22 you pre-ordered http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/25-PDVEand25-PDV.pdf

when your unit comes in , look in your packet for the DVD its about 40 minutes long and well worth watching, it will take you from uncrating the the box all the way through any service work that you should ever need to perform on the unit. hope the "preview" of the manual is helpful to you , and remember , any questions you come up with , shoot em to me ,i'll get you an answer asap.

by the way , the inlays on the 25 are nickle at lowes , as are the "switchgrass" inlays on the CPM. they are gold when purchased through depot , and other vendors, lowes has the "exclusive" on the nickle trim package on all of our units.

Mike,

Thanks a lot for the info. Maybe this whole Harman fiasco was a good thing for me. I'm sure I wouldn't get this kind of support from a Harman person. What is the BTU rating for the CPM? Also, what are the specs for the 25-EP? Wondering if I should what until August to get one of these. Do you have any pictures??

Thanks,
Greg

no1psycho said:
Mike,

Thanks a lot for the info. Maybe this whole Harman fiasco was a good thing for me. I'm sure I wouldn't get this kind of support from a Harman person. What is the BTU rating for the CPM? Also, what are the specs for the 25-EP? Wondering if I should what until August to get one of these. Do you have any pictures??

Thanks,
Greg

i'll have to look up the spec's i dont have me here at home, as for square footage , the cpm rated at 2200 and the ep rated at 2000 for the freestanding and the insert version. i'll see about digging out the btu stats for ya, as for pictures , i think i can dig up a shot or two

here's the EP pardon the background its on a scale in the lab http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/stoveguy2esw/035-1.jpg

and here's the CPM, note since this shot was taken the door has been changed slightly , a bit more ornate and the "switchgrass " panels are not on this stove either.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/stoveguy2esw/trailerstoves026-1.jpg

Mike,

Nice pics. Now you've got me thinking that I should cancel the 22 and get the CPM instead... Have you been a part of the testing for the CPM? How do you think it compares to the 22?? Is all of the decorative trim on the Lowe's model brushed nickel? My wife likes that instead of the brass. Is the door handle just a vertical latch or is it similar to the 22? Sorry for being such a bother. I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice. The 22 is priced at $1799 at the local Lowe's and the CPM is $2305 so I'm trying to decide if the CPM would be worth the extra $500. I definitely like the bigger window and the ash pan. Oh yeah, do the windows get dirty quick in these two stoves?

Thanks again for all of the help.

Greg

Looks like the CPM is dropping pellets from above the pot.... a change from the usual England's set up?

no1psycho said:
Mike,

Nice pics. Now you've got me thinking that I should cancel the 22 and get the CPM instead... Have you been a part of the testing for the CPM? How do you think it compares to the 22?? Is all of the decorative trim on the Lowe's model brushed nickel? My wife likes that instead of the brass. Is the door handle just a vertical latch or is it similar to the 22? Sorry for being such a bother. I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice. The 22 is priced at $1799 at the local Lowe's and the CPM is $2305 so I'm trying to decide if the CPM would be worth the extra $500. I definitely like the bigger window and the ash pan. Oh yeah, do the windows get dirty quick in these two stoves?

Greg

both are fine units , the 22 has been our "flagship" unit for almost 20 years (its been upgraded several times during that span) the CPM is a second generation multi fuel unit which has been designed to burn pellets (epa certified for pellet) corn as well as cherry pits and has optimized mode settings for these fuels. it is top feed and is set up with an "on/off" thermostat function , the previous models made by ESW are all"high/low" t stat function. as far as design , i wasnt on the design team but have helped "tweak" the unit somewhat after the initial design came about. the 22 has a bit bigger hopper but is pellet only and doesnt have an ash pan. the window stays pretty clean in the cpm unless its run for days on end without cleaning after a week or more it will start to cloud up a bit but it doesnt get real dirty anyway. the same applies to the 22 if its cleaned on schedule it doesnt fog up much at all. nickle is available only at lowes or purchase from ESW after sale at other vendors.

its hard to go wrong with either unit the 22 is and has been a fine unit for almost 20 years, the cpm is newer technology, multifuel capable, even can and does "auto ignite" with any of the fuels it is tested with (including corn) has an ash pan and the different autostart t stat function. it all boils down to which options you want and are they worth the extra money.

edit: opps missed the door handle question , yes the cpm is a vertical latch handle not the rotating type

stoveguy2esw said:
no1psycho said:
Mike,

Greg

both are fine units , the 22 has been our "flagship" unit for almost 20 years (its been upgraded several times during that span) the CPM is a second generation multi fuel unit which has been designed to burn pellets (epa certified for pellet) corn as well as cherry pits and has optimized mode settings for these fuels. it is top feed and is set up with an "on/off" thermostat function , the previous models made by ESW are all"high/low" t stat function. as far as design , i wasnt on the design team but have helped "tweak" the unit somewhat after the initial design came about. the 22 has a bit bigger hopper but is pellet only and doesnt have an ash pan. the window stays pretty clean in the cpm unless its run for days on end without cleaning after a week or more it will start to cloud up a bit but it doesnt get real dirty anyway. the same applies to the 22 if its cleaned on schedule it doesnt fog up much at all. nickle is available only at lowes or purchase from ESW after sale at other vendors.

its hard to go wrong with either unit the 22 is and has been a fine unit for almost 20 years, the cpm is newer technology, multifuel capable, even can and does "auto ignite" with any of the fuels it is tested with (including corn) has an ash pan and the different autostart t stat function. it all boils down to which options you want and are they worth the extra money.

edit: opps missed the door handle question , yes the cpm is a vertical latch handle not the rotating type

Mike,

Man, you are a wealth of great information. I really appreciate the time you take to answer all of these questions. What is the difference between the "on/off" and "high/low"? I've been reading conflicting information on whether totally turning a unit off multiple times during the day, such as with a thermostat, or just continually running at a constant temp.

Another question I have is for the venting. I've looked through the manuals for both units and it doesn't show a straight through the wall termination like I was going to have done with the Harman. Is this still acceptable with these units? Also, the oak was optional for the Harman but the NESW units say it is required. What is the difference between a "pellet" vent kit and a "corn" vebt kit? And lastly, I have a window that is less than 48" from where I was going to have the vent termination. The installer from the Harman shop said that he would still install the stove as long as I made the window "inoperable"? What do you think??

Greg

JPapiPE said:
Summer's Heat, isn't that a another name for the Englander?

JPapiPE,

They are both from the same company. Summer's Heat is sold at Lowe's and Englander is sold at Home Depot. In just the short time since I decided to get the Summer's Heat, I have been amazed by the help that I'm getting on here from one of the employees, Mike. It's beginning to look like Englander/Summer's Heat is definitely a good way to go.

Greg

Now Number One Psycho do you mean Mike Holton when you say Mike ? or somebody else...If it is Mike Holten he is one of the Englander stove guys and a very level headed guy in general, Of coarse Be Green is very sharp, and extremely knowledgeable. I do think Be green is the most well informed moderator on this forum. And i love them both , they have saved me hundreds of dollars.

I admit I did get Mike Holten and Craig Issod confused, However i was being held at gunpoint and am not responsible for what comes out of my mouth in these circumstances
Joe

CB1200 said:
They sell the stove under the name Summers Heat. Model 49-SHCPM Multi-fuel. The price was $2305.00. They said it would take 2 weeks to get.

Just paid $1999 at Ace Hardware in PA. Also picked up 4 tons of Lignetics for $209 a ton.

JPapiPE said:
Now Number One Psycho do you mean Mike Holtz when you say Mike ? or somebody else...If it is mike holtz he is the founder of this forum and the most level headed guy on this whole community, Of coarse Be Green ain't no slouch either, but just a tad conservative ,but extremely knowledgeable, But i love them both , they have saved me hundreds of dollars.

i think he is referring to me , but im not in any way the founder of this forum , just a guy who enjoys what i do and like to play at it in my spare time. i dont do this for the company specifically though i know it benefits from my doing so , i really like it in here and enjoy being helpful.

no1psycho said:
stoveguy2esw said:
no1psycho said:
Mike,

Greg

Mike,

Man, you are a wealth of great information. I really appreciate the time you take to answer all of these questions. What is the difference between the "on/off" and "high/low"? I've been reading conflicting information on whether totally turning a unit off multiple times during the day, such as with a thermostat, or just continually running at a constant temp.

Another question I have is for the venting. I've looked through the manuals for both units and it doesn't show a straight through the wall termination like I was going to have done with the Harman. Is this still acceptable with these units? Also, the oak was optional for the Harman but the NESW units say it is required. What is the difference between a "pellet" vent kit and a "corn" vebt kit? And lastly, I have a window that is less than 48" from where I was going to have the vent termination. The installer from the Harman shop said that he would still install the stove as long as I made the window "inoperable"? What do you think??

Greg

ok , venting, ESW requires OAK installation as well as a minimum 3 ft vertical on the exhaust vent pipe. now looking at the multi , the corn pipe can handle either fuels , pellet vent is not specifically rated for corn , so to run corn you should use the corn pipe (which essentially has a thicker inner lining but outwardly looks the same. as for the window being close , if the unit is installed with outside air , then its considered a "sealed system" and can be closer than 48 inchs, i'd have to look to see how close it can go.

Mike,

Let me know what you find out about the clearances. I was really hoping for just a horizontal vent as I don't really like the idea of the pipe running up the side of the house. My house is full of windows and there is no really good place to put the stove away from windows. I'll figure something out though...

Greg

Thanks Mike(ESW) for the 25-EPI information, have been following this Corie stove forever. Please continue to send details as you find them:specs, dimensions, surround sizing, heating sq ft, thermostat options. Since this season is so insane, do you think ESW will be able to meet demand for this new unit? Did ESW choose to make it special order because of the demand issue. All my local stove dealers say if I don't buy within 2 weeks they cannot guarantee a stove for this winter and will also discontinue selling some brands for the year(this is in addition to the brands we already know have issues).

Since people in HD and Lowes are useless, can I order now in Lowes or HD, what are the product codes? Is 25-EPI a model or do I order a 25-EP with an optional surround kit? I hope you guys worked out all the bugs in the factory just in case I get one of the first ones off the assembly line.

Thanks,
DC

dccampli said:
Thanks Mike(ESW) for the 25-EPI information, have been following this Corie stove forever. Please continue to send details as you find them:specs, dimensions, surround sizing, heating sq ft, thermostat options. Since this season is so insane, do you think ESW will be able to meet demand for this new unit? Did ESW choose to make it special order because of the demand issue. All my local stove dealers say if I don't buy within 2 weeks they cannot guarantee a stove for this winter and will also discontinue selling some brands for the year(this is in addition to the brands we already know have issues).

Since people in HD and Lowes are useless, can I order now in Lowes or HD, what are the product codes? Is 25-EPI a model or do I order a 25-EP with an optional surround kit? I hope you guys worked out all the bugs in the factory just in case I get one of the first ones off the assembly line.

Thanks,
DC

i or corie will fill you guys in on the details for the EP series as we get them , i have some specs on my desk at work but i have to remember to get them for home so i can post em. the EP i believe is released for orders , will be mid next month before they will ship as far as i know, i do not have SKU numbers at home either , i'll see if i can get that from the sales guys tomorrow as well and forward them on to you. as for "bugs" i havent seen any on the units ive seen so far , i dont think there will be anything to worry about.

the ep and cpm (especially the epi insert) are indeed special order items as the building of these models is more time consuming and as you know , volume is important this year. the ep actually was as much that it was a new unit and several administrative things had to be worked out as well as programming for the "c&c;stuff" before we could get set to start running them. as a general rule also , inserts tend to be special order items anyway due to the ratio of freestanding units v/s inserts sold. stores generally do not want to carry them as stock items as they dont move as fast as freestanding units. mostly due to more folks do not have a fireplace to put one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.