Got some beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

billfred

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2015
indy
I love how dense this stuff is and it splits great. My electric splitter just pops it. Plus it’s nice and clean compared to the messy cherry I’ve been splitting. I’ve read it burns well also
IMG_4687.JPG

I just commented on it in another thread and couldn’t agree more, it is great firewood. It’s pretty rare I come across it around here but was lucky enough to obtain a cord or so one winter a while back and always wished I had more. Nice haul!

Burns well but takes a long time to dry. I generally figure it takes double the time of white birch or maple.

Good wood.

Beech and White Ash are my favorites , plenty on my property. My Beech are getting so big , they tend to rot down the middle , so I need to remove a good number.

Funny thing about the hitch, was the first thing I noticed in the first photo needing to be flipped. Good job and good score of firewood.

I love how dense this stuff is and it splits great. My electric splitter just pops it. Plus it’s nice and clean compared to the messy cherry I’ve been splitting. I’ve read it burns well also View attachment 224391
Nice load of some great firewood @billfred , that's our favorite firewood.

Beech is great! Very little mess!
I would let it season two years, you will notice the difference....

Nice score, that's one wood I've been pining for (pun intended) to get and haven't been able to, not for a lack of trying just dont have much around here.

Beech disease in New England kills Beech before they get +/- 10" , mostly less. One of the best firewoods when available.
Send some here in that 150 ?

Nice looking wood! I have beech growing all around me but never burned a single stick--every tree is super healthy and none have dropped more than a few small twigs in all the wind storms we've been having. On the other hand, the oaks, poplars, and pines have been dropping like flies...