Got tangled up in nettles.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew they grew in Maine and have never seen it in northern NH but I found a patch last year on my Appalachian Trail section. I thought they looked familiar and blasted right through them in shorts. I knew what they were about a minute later!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I dont see how anyone can weedwack in shorts. I wear heavy duty boots, long jeans, long sleeve shirts, and my Husqvarna screened face shield helmet with ear muffs. I also wear safety goggles under that and I still have debris bouncing off my goggles, neck, arms, legs, you name it. I have a feeling its because I'm 6'3 and the angle of the wacker has the string whipping things right at my head.

I dont see how anyone can weedwack in shorts. I wear heavy duty boots, long jeans, long sleeve shirts, and my Husqvarna screened face shield helmet with ear muffs. I also wear safety goggles under that and I still have debris bouncing off my goggles, neck, arms, legs, you name it. I have a feeling its because I'm 6'3 and the angle of the wacker has the string whipping things right at my head.

One pleasant surprise we got when we bought the new battery operated weed whacker is that we don't get all covered with crap when weed whacking. That is nice after using the old one. Still, I would not advise anyone wearing shorts when using one. I do wear low shoes with no protection. Not even a face mask or goggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.