Got the Serenity in on my Birthday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hiskid

Sep 26, 2017
PA
Took a few days but I figured 24hrs on the 500 degree silicone was good to go. Fired right up. I had to make a 3 inch connector from an adjustable piece. I siliconed it good, pushed it in as far as it would go and put three screws in. It has a bit of an odor but I don't think it is smoke. It was a store return so I'm not sure how many hours are on it. I got it from Ebay from Artisam. It had a bent back piece. They sent me a piece and I asked about it not being in excellent shape.They gave me some back and I ended up paying $700. Excellent customer service. I read here about setting the intake air about a third. Nice clean burn with the oak installed.I'm burning a bag of Tractor Supply premium pellets. They are burning nice. I will have to fine tune the voltages that one person posted. Just some smoke at start-up but I see nothing when started and no sparks even tho it's spa
1110171612.jpg
1110171613.jpg
1110171614a.jpg
rking when burning. I have a three inch hood, 5ft of 2" flexible oat tubing and a 3" wall bracket at good prices on ebay. Message me if you want the link. Thanks for all the good posts here for this stove. God bless

Just curious. Why the long horizontal run?

We aren't allowed wood burners in the park but since I'm out at the end the landlord gave me an ok in no-one complains about smoke. I wanted to keep the stack/any smoke back out of sight. Straight out from the outside corner is the view of a nasty neighbor. He would complain out of spite. I'm within all clearances by having an oak. The windows are closed.

Happy birthday and congrats on your Serenity

You don't think the nose job neighbor is gonna see all that venting ! Maybe put a bird bath or other garden feature there, with the straight out install option. Let the feature hide it. We have a gardening table on our patio the wife uses and a dryer vent comes out under it. It's not there to hide the vent but it sure does hide it.

I probably wouldn't last a year in that kind of community though. So what ever, good luck to you.

You don't think the nose job neighbor is gonna see all that venting ! Maybe put a bird bath or other garden feature there, with the straight out install option. Let the feature hide it. We have a gardening table on our patio the wife uses and a dryer vent comes out under it. It's not there to hide the vent but it sure does hide it.

I probably wouldn't last a year in that kind of community though. So what ever, good luck to you.

Thanks. Actually the landlord is a great guy. He let us have a few things like a small garden that others don't have. That side/back face the woods and downhill to the stream, We have the best lot in the park for location. I have game cameras up to watch him for my self and my GOOD/helpful neighbor. He has issues from childhood. His wife is very nice/friendly.

Happy birthday and congrats on your Serenity

Thanks Rich Getting to be an old man. It was 17 when I got up. The porch was toasty. It was warming the whole place up with it around 40 and the wind blowing. I got up after midnight and it was chilly. Closed the door and turned the blue flame on in the mobile,

Hiskid how does it draft with all that pipe. I thought the ELV could only be a total of 15 or you run the risk of not venting. Looks to me that your way over your 15 ELV number unless you are using 4” pipe. Just asking for my own info .

Hiskid how does it draft with all that pipe. I thought the ELV could only be a total of 15 or you run the risk of not venting. Looks to me that your way over your 15 ELV number unless you are using 4” pipe. Just asking for my own info .

I guess it drafts ok that I know. How do you check that ? No issues that I know of as the air is open 1/3. The chart shows 10' over and 5' up with three inch. I'm 7" over and 4' up. The minimum is three up.

I guess it drafts ok that I know. How do you check that ? No issues that I know of as the air is open 1/3. The chart shows 10' over and 5' up with three inch. I'm 7" over and 4' up. The minimum is three up.
Just reading on line which can be dangerous the ELV I figured by fittings and linear ft run. 90 deg elbo is worth 5 . 45 deg is worth 3 and for every foot of travel is 1 . And a clean out is also 5 . Like I said it may mean nothing. I just stumbled across it when I was looking for options for venting this year when we decided to move are stove up from the basement to the dining room to be more efficient.

Thanks. Actually the landlord is a great guy. He let us have a few things like a small garden that others don't have. That side/back face the woods and downhill to the stream, We have the best lot in the park for location. I have game cameras up to watch him for my self and my GOOD/helpful neighbor. He has issues from childhood. His wife is very nice/friendly.
Hmmm, any fish in that stream ?

Cool. Only issue with that much horizontal will be ash settle. But that can be cleaned easy enough.
Nice thing about that much horizontal, is when asked, you can say "look, a wood stove wont work with that much horizontal. It's my food dehydrator outlet".;)

Reactions: vinny11950
Cool. Only issue with that much horizontal will be ash settle. But that can be cleaned easy enough.
Nice thing about that much horizontal, is when asked, you can say "look, a wood stove wont work with that much horizontal. It's my food dehydrator outlet".;)
So for my peace of mind here the ELV stuff I read about on line really don’t matter to much?

Just reading on line which can be dangerous the ELV I figured by fittings and linear ft run. 90 deg elbo is worth 5 . 45 deg is worth 3 and for every foot of travel is 1 . And a clean out is also 5 . Like I said it may mean nothing. I just stumbled across it when I was looking for options for venting this year when we decided to move are stove up from the basement to the dining room to be more efficient.

Actually I don't even know what ELV is. I just looked at the chart in the manual. How do I know if I have and issue ? The stove seems to run ok and no overheat light came on.

;lol

Actually I don't even know what ELV is. I just looked at the chart in the manual. How do I know if I have and issue ? The stove seems to run ok and no overheat light came on.

You're fine. It's an "over time" thing. The light weight of the pellet ash will over time escape the confines of the ash pan, and start to build up in the horizontal piping. Rather, it CAN build up. Sometime, the burn iss clean enough and the exhaust fan fast enough, that the ash will blow all the way out. You have a short enough run and the vertical is so short, you may very well be just fine. It's only a maintenance thing anyway. Just check for build up at the end of the season before letting the stove sit all summer and clean it if needed. Lots of info on this site about how to clean it.

You're fine. It's an "over time" thing. The light weight of the pellet ash will over time escape the confines of the ash pan, and start to build up in the horizontal piping. Rather, it CAN build up. Sometime, the burn iss clean enough and the exhaust fan fast enough, that the ash will blow all the way out. You have a short enough run and the vertical is so short, you may very well be just fine. It's only a maintenance thing anyway. Just check for build up at the end of the season before letting the stove sit all summer and clean it if needed. Lots of info on this site about how to clean it.

Thanks, glad I found this place.