Gotta choose: PE Neo1.6 vs Supreme Fusion 24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Douglas Ingram

Feb 17, 2020
Lorette, Mb
I'm new to the forum, I just discovered it as I'm researching a new purchase. I've looked throughold threads as much as I could, for relevant information. We have a 1500 sq ft 1973 ranch style house with a centrally located, freestanding masonary fireplace into which we will be installing an insert. We will be using it for suplemental heat not as a main heat source. Given the location, structural constraints, and the style of the house, a flush mount rather than a projecting insert is needed so that has limited our list of candidates.

Based upon local retailers reccomendations and the size of our fireplace, we have received quotes for the Pacific Energy Neo 1.6 and the Superior Fireplaces Fusion 24. On paper and from reports here, both seem good. Pricing is similar, but the PE is actually a fair bit more affordable. I'm looking for some updated reports from users here as some of the initial posts are now a bit old.

Our present fireplace has a large opening and I confess that I have come to appreciate the large window.

Did you mean the Supreme Fusion 24? That is more comparable in size to the PE Neo 2.5 insert. The Neo 1.6 is about a cubic foot smaller.

Yes. The Supreme Fusion 24. It would also cost about $900 CDN more. Its a consideration but I it needs to be worth the extra in whatever way we define worth it.

For a price comparison it should be compared with the Neo 2.5. The Fusion 18 is closer to the Neo 1.6 in size.

PS: I updated the title so that maybe some Supreme owners can comment