Grain Comfort Corn Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kingdad

Nov 11, 2022
Indiana
Hello y'all my name is Chris. I recently purchased a used Grain Comfort Corn Stove and it worked great. Well one day I had circulating fan issues which I fixed. One day my auger started making a groaning/grinding noise. So I removed auger and clean it up and cleaned shute as well. Next day I noticed that my auger would kick on and off like it should as well as turn. But 1 time it will drop a few kernels, 2nd turn drop like 15, 3rd about same give or take as previous. Then next 2 or 3 turns it would drop any. Now before my auger noise it would drop 5 or 6 kernels every 10 seconds every single turn. Is there something I can do to get it feeding properly? Or do I need to look into replacement. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum
Sounds like a normal feed to me
sometimes a few, sometimes none ,sometimes a lot

Just wanted to update. I adjusted my feed timer that runs auger at a set time and it's feeding about 5 to 8 consistently and maybe once it twice in a 6-8 cycle it'll drop a few more or a few less. So it was all normal as you suggested. Thank you so much for easing my mind.