Grandma Firebrick and Install Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
I have decided to install a newer regency stove to free myself from getting fined. I do need the pipe cover that goes on the ceiling. Now HT is height?
I understand…but my worry was the fine etc and now that worry is gone and I don't have to giveaway so much space to the Fisher. If it wasn't illegal I'd go right ahead with it. Why can't they just add a filter to the flue to cut back the toxins instead of forcing us to buy modern?
If it were that simple stove companies wouldn't be spending the massive amounts of money on r&d that they do.

NewOld

Jan 20, 2020
Oregon
High Temperature.
You may be referring to the ceiling support box that supports the first chimney pipe section?
Yes forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this. I'm so glad that there are people like you out there that can help so many others.

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
My house was built in 1948 no insulation in the walls. Thinking about blowing in rock wool…

Wish I had went with this ^ ^ ^ instead of the injected spray foam that I got...Airkrete was more money, so I cheaped out...shouldn't have... :rolleyes:

NewOld

Jan 20, 2020
Oregon

Wish I had went with this ^ ^ ^ instead of the injected spray foam that I got...Airkrete was more money, so I cheaped out...shouldn't have... :rolleyes:
I chose rock wool for its insulation value and soundproofing as well as its green.