Greenhouse boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nakoma

Nov 26, 2022
Kentucky
Hello everyone...I was gifted two propane tanks one is a 500 gallon the other is a 250 gal.. im planing make a heater for my greenhouse 20x100 which will be placed inside.. also i want to feed hot water under the ground. to warm up my ground. im debating if i should cut the tanks in half and stand them up... or leave them whole... i want a big firebox because i want a good burntime while im away working.. wondering if i should use a water jacket for storage. or use metal pipes in my heat exchanger to warm the water? which will be pumped from the boiler to under ground and returned into a 55 gallon or water jacket just looking for ideas...

I would use the tanks for storage and find a boiler that is already built.
If it was me doing what you are doing.

A boiler with safety features that was already built...