Greenwood 100 heat exchanger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

POConnor

Nov 17, 2007
southern michigan
Hello,
I have an older Greenwood 100, bought in 2008, and the heat exchanger in it finally developed a leak.
Does anyone know where I could buy a replacement heat exchanger? Is there somebody somewhere making these?
I'm going to my local welder but think it might be time to do more than just the leak repair. I'll ask my welder about making me up a new one, but I'm guessing he'll say it will take a couple months. It's cold here, don't want to wait.
Thanks in advance.

Hi
A friend has one that he has trouble cleaning.Any tips for cleaning the flue tubes?

Hi
A friend has one that he has trouble cleaning.Any tips for cleaning the flue tubes?
Once a year I take off the back panel to access the rear section of the HX and use a wire brush and shop vac. I clean the HX tubes in the front by opening the front loading door and reach up with chimney brush. It gets the top section of the HX pretty clean, but can't reach all the tubes up there. It's good enough for me.