greenwood 100 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizard

Oct 24, 2013
imlay city mi
I am installing a gw 100 right now. The supplier sold me 1" pex pipe for underground, then I ran 1" copper inside to dhw and infoor heat. I am being told the 1" is only good gor 71, 000 btus. Will I be ok.

I am also wondering if I should pipe as a open or presurized system.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Pex size depends on how many gallons per minute you need to move. This is determined by your heating load not what the supplier tells you. ==c

Do you know what the heat loss of your house is?

I do not know the heat loss. I am heating my basement floor infloor heat sq ft 2000.

I have already buried my pex it is 1" insulated ina plastic tube. The pex runs 65' to house and then switches to 1" copper for another 45' to 20 plate heat exchanger for dhw and lopped in to infloor heat.

I do not know the heat loss. I am heating my basement floor infloor heat sq ft 2000.

I have already buried my pex it is 1" insulated ina plastic tube. The pex runs 65' to house and then switches to 1" copper for another 45' to 20 plate heat exchanger for dhw and lopped in to infloor heat.

My pex is raupex 1" insulated pex tubing oxygen barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.