Greenwood 100 pump...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENECOP

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2014
Ny
My Greenwood 100 has a Taco three speed pump mounted to the back...when the fire is going the rear damper is open and the pump is on......the pump runs a loop through my super store tank....when the temp is satisfied the damper closes and the pump turns off....This entire system is tied into a Tekmar (half assed) Because the pump turns off the Temp rises quickly in the furnace causing an overheat....This has been a process of learning, every year tweaking , adding etc.....do you think the pump should run continuous? At least then when the damper shuts off, the heat would continue to be transferred into the storage tank, thanks...

I have a greenwood 200 and yes the pump needs to run continuous. There is too much heat in the refractory for the small amount of water that is in the heat exchanger to stop circulation.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.