Greenwood boiler? Wife is gonna kill me if I don't get heat soon.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden94

Jan 18, 2013
I'd say throw on another sweater on but you can guess where that would get me :)
I have a greenwood 100 boiler that is not working properly. Worked fine last year. The system has a flow switch (Anderson FS-2-W8), damper motor (Siemens ???), aquastat (HW L6006A) and taco 006 on the boiler side. Wiring is:
Black hot in to taco and to B terminal on the AQST.
Red out of R terminal of AQST to red wire in on FS, black out of FS to black in of DM.
White in to taco and DM white.
Taco is grounded.
AQST is set at 185 with 15 degree differential.
The damper door itself moves freely when I take off the motor so I know its not stuck.
When I supply power to the system, the pump runs but damper motor does not open. I do not hear the relay in the AQST but the loop hasn't been heated yet so I suppose it shouldn't. Can anyone tell me how best to troubleshoot this or what the most likely culprit is?

Thanks!

Start with the flow switch. The L6006A breaks on a temp rise, and my guess is the flow switch is normally open, and closes with flow. The idea is that if the loop temp gets too hot, or the pump stops working and there is no flow, it kills power to the damper motor to stop the fire and avoid overheat.

Just jump across it for now, and see if your damper motor actuates.

Start with the flow switch. The L6006A breaks on a temp rise, and my guess is the flow switch is normally open, and closes with flow. The idea is that if the loop temp gets too hot, or the pump stops working and there is no flow, it kills power to the damper motor to stop the fire and avoid overheat.

Just jump across it for now, and see if your damper motor actuates.
You nailed it! crossed it and damper actuates. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.