GrRR bent the stirrer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabear440

Dec 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
So this year is my [emoji638] nd year with my 49trcpm & I replaced the igniter, the room air blower (2x) first with a new used one & then with brand new from englander. Worked great for the [emoji637] st week but then caput. However I blame the dirty stove. I never took it clear apart and I mean like taking out the igniter, pulling out the box the burnpot sits in etc . So today I figured I would and I spent hours taking this apart and cleaning. However at the beginning while im tearing it apart my stirrer wasnt quite straight up and down & because of my lack of electrical outlets I had already unplugged the stove & plugged in my shop vac so I didnt feel like unplugging & replugging so I kind of jimmy it out[emoji107] . Did all the cleaning out & was short all the right tools [emoji374] [emoji373] [emoji375] so I had to improvise part of why it took me hours. Had to rig up the shop vac w/ a mini hose to get inside behind the uh fiberboard in that box. However im glad I did it because it was pretty dirty! I even retaped up the insulation in the back hoping all these things will help it run better. Cause I burnt through 2 ton of pellets already & at this rate by winters end ill use 5 ton. Which with oil so low Id be better off filling the tank a few times, but I [emoji179] the pellet stove heat. Anyway put it all back together, its looking pefecto! Except that damn stirrer wouldnt fit back in so, what did I do? Well of course forced it in & then checked & it goes half way around then gets stuck. So now I gotta order a new one! All that hurt knees skipped lunch & dinner & hurt my pretty lil princess hands which are no longer pretty! Theyre stained soot colo, cut up & sore. My knees are killing me & I cant even enjoy a beautiful lil fire [emoji24]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421637234194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421637234194.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 128
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421637547671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421637547671.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 146
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421637568031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421637568031.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 123
How could you bend that stirrer? I couldn't bend that thing if I tried. Are you sure the base that the burn pot sits in is sitting all the way down? I had some trouble getting mine back into the slots - which if you don't do that the box and burn pot will be not fully down and cause issues with the stirrer.

You might be right ill check tomorrow after work. That would make more sense cause it is one big piece of metal lol and im no Arnold Schwarzenegger. I will tell ya to it seems kind of hard to get the burnpot in and out. Almost as if its catching on something. I thought it could be the I tightened the igniter screw to much but maybe I put the plate in wrong that is under the burnpot. Ill check the book to .... thanks ...

So I took the igniter out, stirrer, burnpot etc and checked the base and viola it wasny in right, only bad thing is I swear no matter which side I try first or how I do it both sides wony go in. Im like wth now what and ok ive entertained the possibility what if it was hot when I removed it but it wasnt, the atove was off for hours and hours before I removed it @ least I think. Couldve been an hour or more . Help how can I get it to fit now?

So I took the igniter out, stirrer, burnpot etc and checked the base and viola it wasny in right, only bad thing is I swear no matter which side I try first or how I do it both sides wony go in. Im like wth now what and ok ive entertained the possibility what if it was hot when I removed it but it wasnt, the atove was off for hours and hours before I removed it @ least I think. Couldve been an hour or more . Help how can I get it to fit now?

Hah!! I had the same issue. Needed to use a small hammer to tap and bend those tabs a little so that they lined up properly. Then I was eventually able to get it back in - both sides!! It took a few tries. Yes, it was annoying and I also couldn't figure out how the tabs didn't align after I disassembled it, though I had a hard time removing the base so I knew it was because the tabs were tight.

Ya know what thats it exactly, they say just lift it right up ha well mine I kept thinking there was a screw I was missing cause I had to really yank to get it out. CRAP! only idk if I have all the skills to do what it takes to fix it. And I want my stove on, it feels so cold in my house, the oil just is not cutting it. Dang im spoiled now, ill never go without a pellet or wood stove now lol

Also do u know why there is insulation in the back of stove ? Should this be taped up tight with the silver heat tape stuff

I haven't noted any insulation on the back of the stove - where is this located?

Inside the back of the stove under the hopper against to the left of the combustion blower,around the exhaust pipe the runs from behind firebox up to the combustion blower

Inside the back of the stove under the hopper against to the left of the combustion blower,around the exhaust pipe the runs from behind firebox up to the combustion blower

That part of the hopper gets hot - almost to the point of pain, no wonder they have insulation there.

Status
Not open for further replies.