Guess I should clean more

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Geez have not vacuumed out my stove in at least 3 weeks or even checked it for that matter. Burn pot was full of ash almost to the top. Thing still worked like a champ strange enough. Almost wondering if during shutdown the blower stirred up the ash and filled the pot

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Read your post.Your Sm-whatever means nothing,your Tapatalk means nothing,you must think people can read your mind.And,no stove make/model listed in your post.

Reactions: fmsm
And that really matters why! If I wanted to post what stove I had I would. I really don't care what tapatalk puts in my post. I read several hundred posts a day with the same info you don't see me complaining. Don't like what I posted don't comment easy as that

And that really matters why! If I wanted to post what stove I had I would. I really don't care what tapatalk puts in my post. I read several hundred posts a day with the same info you don't see me complaining. Don't like what I posted don't comment easy as that

LOL,you make comments,you offer information,with no facts.Your post is the same as "I fart sometimes,when I eat something"

Reactions: bogieb
3 weeks without cleaning?
Your draft fan is probably already blowing ash through your pipes out of your house...when you go look, you might find a little pile under pipe outside smile
I do mostly every 3-4 days and due to the big box store pellets, i find a good amount of ash...especially in the "behind the scenes" corners where that stuff accumulates without showing you on first look

3 weeks without cleaning?
Your draft fan is probably already blowing ash through your pipes out of your house...when you go look, you might find a little pile under pipe outside smile
I do mostly every 3-4 days and due to the big box store pellets, i find a good amount of ash...especially in the "behind the scenes" corners where that stuff accumulates without showing you on first look
Hi.Economical and cheeaper stoves require more frequent cleaning.Most Harmans can go up to 1 ton before cleaning,but,if cleaned sooner,the heat output stays up.Old Integras can go for a ton,before a tear down cleaning,just scrape fire pot and empty ashpot every day or so,same as some Englanders.Stove design makes a world of difference