Guess it's time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Burned for a few days a couple weeks ago, then it warmed up, been running oil a couple times a night. Started pellets back up after work today, looks chill enough on the long range forecast to make it worth it, again. Got a couple bags of Corinth left in the hopper, gonna run 'em out, then wind some of them Athens into her, see what happens with that. Countin' on the Strongs to carry me thru the cold time, sure hope Muss weren't lying, 'cause I haven't really even tried 'em yet. Threw in one bag to lay the dust from the first bag of Corinth, when I had the first of the year burn. So let it be written. So let it be done. Heating season has begun.

hossthehermit said:
..... Countin' on the Strongs to carry me thru the cold time, sure hope Muss weren't lying, 'cause I haven't really even tried 'em yet......

Rumor has it that Muss is in cahoots w/ the pellet plant.......(but hey, you didn't hear it from me) ;-P

macman said:
hossthehermit said:
..... Countin' on the Strongs to carry me thru the cold time, sure hope Muss weren't lying, 'cause I haven't really even tried 'em yet......

Rumor has it that Muss is in cahoots w/ the pellet plant.......(but hey, you didn't hear it from me) ;-P

Ayuh, mac, well aware of that. Old Gray Mare decided she wanted all Maine pellets this year, knew I didn't want to count on Athens or Corinth, couldn't find Ashland, found the Strong before the big blow-up. Got a 'lectric blanky on the bed, Old Gray Mare got Maine Pellets, one place in the house will be warm, gotta set yer priorities.

Burn em if you gut em.

Got 1.5 ton of Premiers (Energex) from Lowes, and a half ton of mix (Cubex, Okies, Strongs and leftover Ashlands).
I'm behind on pellet collecting. Trying to finish paying for my new stove (Rika Integra II) so I can get it here. The Strongs
do burn good from what I have seen. Did a 2 bag burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.