Had to buy a few more bags to keep warm...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
18F tonite and up to 4" of fresh snow. Went out and bought 8 more bags to keep warm... my NG furnace is a joke.

You are not alone.

I switched back to HHO about 2 weeks ago. But.....

Wife likes to be warm in the evening in front of the tube. We have been heating the living room for about 3 hours a night.

I burned 3 ton this season heating the entire house with only pellets until I switched.

I bought 5 bags of crap Pennington's at Wal Mart today for $5.75 each. Just enough to get us past the heating season.

---Nailer---

Holy chit on the snow and temps in the teens!
Keep that crap up your way. We're enjoying
50/60 degree sunny days. Most ponds are iced off
and I was out for 4 hours in the kayak today.

The bad part is I bought a few bags of Marth hardwood pellets two weeks ago... the stove is so full of clinkers that the damn thing isn't working right.

So I'm letting it cool down so I can give it a once over... damn global warming is freezing me!

How are you progressing on that bulk bin?

Now I've found that running the stove on #1 for the past two weeks (along with using the dirty Marth pellets) has dirtied up the stove enough that it needs more than just a quick cleaning.

The flame is lazy and I have pellets backing up in the firepot so it looks like it's time to let it cool down and get out Mr. Leafblower! It's going to be a shame to have to blast all that fresh snow with soot from my stove...

Sting said:
How are you progressing on that bulk bin?

I'm doing a little digging to see if I can find some fibre drums to store the pellets. It will take six drums to store about 2000 lbs of pellets. I'm still weighing the advatages/disadvantages of the bulk purchase. My shop is large enough (1500 sq. ft.) to store the drums... I have a jib crane inside my shop and a forklift (that doesn't run at present) so I can stack the drums on pallets to save space. A drum dolly is easily available at auction or from many sources (new) so that's not a problem.

It boils down to how much work I want to do to save somewhere in the neighborhood of $50.00 per ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.